RokStok

I think the direction they are headed with the option for the scalloped forend and rail will provide a great hunting stock for most people, but it won’t check all the boxes for everyone. The scalloped forend with the pic rail allows for the use of picatinny bipods. I also use a tripod with a ball head that accepts both picatinny and arca. If I have the time to set up a shot with the tripod, I can clip in on the front and use hiking poles or a pack to support the rear to create a super stable platform. If I don’t have the time for that kind of set up, I can shoot directly off a pack or other available support without having the rail get in the way. This set up with the scalloped forend also allows you to carry the gun at the balance point without being sharp, cold and uncomfortable. To me, the set up they are planning is just about perfect. Others may prefer something else and that’s fine.

What stock do you have with the scalloped forend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElPollo

WKR
What stock do you have with the scalloped forend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t yet. I was talking about what they are planning to do with the RokStock. I’ve used a factory tikka stock with pic rail added to the forend. This allows me to use the bipod or tripod, but the cheese grater out front can be a PITA when shooting off a pack or a bag. The scalloped forend should resolve that. The gun in the picture is now in a Stocky’s VG Hunter. I like it a lot for the higher comb and butt and how that affects recoil management, but the trigger reach is too long for me and the forend isn’t scalloped to allow for a recessed pic rail. For me, what they are planning for the RokStock will be a significant improvement.IMG_2257.jpeg

JCMCUBIC

WKR
You can add flush cups to the side you would need to reinforce it on the other side.

I asked Stockys about flush cups and the above was his reply. I didn't ask about them being an option from the factory. It would be nice to have them as an option...or standard in a perfect world.

TxLite

WKR
I asked Stockys about flush cups and the above was his reply. I didn't ask about them being an option from the factory. It would be nice to have them as an option...or standard in a perfect world.
It looks like they deleted the original comment. Maybe they changed their mind

Or is that from a PM

One thing to remember here is that all of us wanted the stock to remain at a reasonable price point, which is one of the main reasons the VG stock got as much press as it did. Adding all of the rails and options just adds cost, which in turn, makes the price go up.

My preference would be for them to sell the stock as plain as possible. If the user wants to add stuff to it, great, but it shouldn't be included in the base model.

TX_Diver

WKR
One thing to remember here is that all of us wanted the stock to remain at a reasonable price point, which is one of the main reasons the VG stock got as much press as it did. Adding all of the rails and options just adds cost, which in turn, makes the price go up.

My preference would be for them to sell the stock as plain as possible. If the user wants to add stuff to it, great, but it shouldn't be included in the base model.
Also prefer as plain and cheap as possible.

The Guide

WKR
Will this stock work with a savage action?
From what I understand from the podcasts and post that have been made, the first Inlet will be for Tikka actions as the mold for Tikka actions is unique. Next they will make a mold for Remington 700 actions. They will be selling the R700 inletted stocks second. The mold for the R700 actions can be inletted for some other actions. I'm not sure which actions but that will be several months down the line. Eventually, you may get a Savage inlet but not until after the Tikka and R700 stocks are up and running.

Jay