RokStok

The Guide

WKR
Maybe I’ve missed it, but will there be a left handed option?
The Tikka mold will be done in right and left hand first and then the R700 will be done in right and left hand molds. Then the R700 molds will be inletted to all inlets that will be functional on a R700 mold. Time frames are unknown because of testing and proofing the designs.

Jay

CorbLand

WKR
Maybe I missed it on the podcast or this thread. Will the ROKstock work with factory Tikka mags?

Holocene

WKR
Does anyone have a measurement from grip to trigger on the current Stocky's VG Tikka stock?

I'm reading it's long, but I've got big hands and long fingers so curious if it'd be a comfortable fit compared to the newer, shortened dimensions on the Rokstock.

BBob

WKR
Does anyone have a measurement from grip to trigger on the current Stocky's VG Tikka stock?
I'd call it as ~4 1/4" from the base of thumb/heel of the hand to trigger. The Tikka and Bravo I'd say are 3 3/4". No matter how you choose to measure I'd say the VG is ~1/2" longer than those two others.

I have large hands and like the VG as is but the KRG is fine. I'd rather it a bit short than too long.

Last edited:

ElPollo

WKR
BBob and elPollo, many thanks for intel on dimensions. Very helpful.
The VG Hunter is a big improvement over the factory stock ergonomics. Mine is on a suppressed 6.5 and there’s a significant increase in your ability to stay in the scope through recoil with this stock. It’s also about 1/3 pound lighter than factory and is quite a bit stiffer. The inletting is super precise. The recoil lug is a nice tight fit. Mine was actually a little to tight on the mag well and trigger guard by like a thousandth or less. It fit, but it was just a hair too short. I was really impressed with the quality of Stocky’s work. My only criticism was that the trigger reach was a bit long for me. I don’t have carney hands that smell like cabbage, but I also can’t get my trigger finger 90 degrees to the trigger with my hand fully on the grip.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The VG Hunter is a big improvement over the factory stock ergonomics. Mine is on a suppressed 6.5 and there’s a significant increase in your ability to stay in the scope through recoil with this stock. It’s also about 1/3 pound lighter than factory and is quite a bit stiffer. The inletting is super precise. The recoil lug is a nice tight fit. Mine was actually a little to tight on the mag well and trigger guard by like a thousandth or less. It fit, but it was just a hair too short. I was really impressed with the quality of Stocky’s work. My only criticism was that the trigger reach was a bit long for me. I don’t have carney hands that smell like cabbage, but I also can’t get my trigger finger 90 degrees to the trigger with my hand fully on the grip.
Are you honestly having a hard time staying in the scope and spotting shots with a suppressed 6.5 though? Proper stock design can assist, but will never replace proper fundamentals and practice.

ElPollo

WKR
Are you honestly having a hard time staying in the scope and spotting shots with a suppressed 6.5 though? Proper stock design can assist, but will never replace proper fundamentals and practice.
What is your point? The factory stock on a Tikka has a low comb which causes more muzzle rise even with “proper fundamentals and practice”. Staying in the scope was intended to refer to seeing your impacts through the scope. With your proper fundamentals and practice, how far out do you need to be to spot your shots through the scope with a stock suppressed 6.5 Tikka?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
What is your point? The factory stock on a Tikka has a low comb which causes more muzzle rise even with “proper fundamentals and practice”. Staying in the scope was intended to refer to seeing your impacts through the scope. With your proper fundamentals and practice, how far out do you need to be to spot your shots through the scope with a stock suppressed 6.5 Tikka?
My point is, a stock doesn’t make you a better shooter on its own. Spotting shots with a suppressed 6.5 is easy for any shooter who applies proper fundamentals and actually practices shooting with virtually any stock.

A stock designed properly and adjusted to the shooter properly can definitely help with a lot more than just muzzle rise, but by itself it’s useless if a shooter doesn’t know what they are doing. Which is why I asked if you were being honest when you stated that you couldn’t spot your shots easily with the factory stock. Something tells me your are exaggerating like everyone does online.

My wife is 105 lbs and shoots a suppressed 6.5 tikka with the factory stock with vertical grip. She also shoots a non suppressed .243 Tikka with factory stock and vertical grip. Has zero issues spotting shots and quickly putting 2nd and 3rd shots into big game and targets when needed. Quickly meaning within seconds of taking the first shot never losing her sight picture. Are you saying this isn’t possible for you? Fundamental work is likely in order if that’s the case.

To answer your question, I’ve never had an issue spotting shots with the factory Tikka or Sako stocks, or any of the aftermarket stocks I’ve used on over a dozen tikkas and sakos in 6.5 chambering and below. Kills as close as 30 yards and as far as 1,100 yards on big game animals.

And guess what, I still plan on buying 2 or 3 rokstocks as soon as they are available.

Macintosh

WKR
Seems easily plausible to me that even with a low-recoiling gun that most people can still tell a difference in improved ability to maintain target in field of view under recoil with one stock vs another. Different shades of grey, not black and white. Very little of this stuff is black and white. I dont find the oem tikka stock bad, I've certainly used much worse (and with the negative comb of the CTR cheek riser it's even more comfortable even if not "perfection"). Regardless, if you're looking for it, it's not difficult to tell the difference comparing stocks with 1/2"+ difference drop at heel even if both are "fine".

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Seems easily plausible to me that even with a low-recoiling gun that most people can still tell a difference in improved ability to maintain target in field of view under recoil with one stock vs another. Different shades of grey, not black and white. Very little of this stuff is black and white. I dont find the oem tikka stock bad, I've certainly used much worse (and with the negative comb of the CTR cheek riser it's even more comfortable even if not "perfection"). Regardless, if you're looking for it, it's not difficult to tell the difference comparing stocks with 1/2"+ difference drop at heel even if both are "fine".
Agree 100% however… “Telling a difference”, versus not even being able to easily spot shots with a low recoiling rifle, is two different shooters completely.