OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I don’t think I want one there but there was this:

Oh, Jake will sale ya some products! :)

Like I said it can be done. But it wasn’t the driver behind the stock so don’t expect us to have videos on how to use it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Why would you not run an arca plate in front of the magwell? That's fairly standard. Am I missing something here? This stock has all the features we need but not designed to clamp into a tripod? Mine is on order so I'm not just trying to throw shade at the project.

TheCougar

WKR
Why would you not run an arca plate in front of the magwell? That's fairly standard. Am I missing something here? This stock has all the features we need but not designed to clamp into a tripod? Mine is on order so I'm not just trying to throw shade at the project.
I added a note to my order to tap and install T nuts forward of the mag well so I can install ARCA rail for a tripod. I already have 2 SRS mini arca rails that I’m pulling off the old stocks. Pretty standard. UM has an option for it on the order form. Not sure what all the commotion is about.

TheCougar

WKR
Did anyone see @Formidilosus other thread where he was testing out the first production stock? He made a comment that raised an eyebrow:

“Sporter contour barrel inlet is tight, and will/does touch if pressure is applied-“ (my emphasis)

That wasn’t what I was hoping for. I’m concerned about flex in the fore end, now. I have the medium contour, but now I’m wondering if I need the sendero channel for the lite barrel, or more importantly- does the stock need reinforcement?

The people designing it don’t find that method to be optimal for how they shoot and hunt and did not design it specifically to be used in that way.

That doesn’t mean it can’t and the custom gun builder selling them will strap your shit on if that’s how you want to live your life.

It’s not that complicated

Did anyone see @Formidilosus other thread where he was testing out the first production stock? He made a comment that raised an eyebrow:

“Sporter contour barrel inlet is tight, and will/does touch if pressure is applied-“ (my emphasis)

That wasn’t what I was hoping for. I’m concerned about flex in the fore end, now. I have the medium contour, but now I’m wondering if I need the sendero channel for the lite barrel, or more importantly- does the stock need reinforcement?
Discussed on page 150 and 151 and shouldn’t really surprise anyone that’s been following along.

It’s about as common as it gets for normal specced inlet sizes, and why form has been recommending to size up for 3 months

TheCougar

WKR
Discussed on page 150 and 151 and shouldn’t really surprise anyone that’s been following along.

It’s about as common as it gets for normal specced inlet sizes, and why form has been recommending to size up for 3 months
I was talking less about the spacing, and more about the flex of the fore end, which I didn’t see discussed. He doesn’t seem concerned about it, but… why not reinforce it so there is no flex?

I was talking less about the spacing, and more about the flex of the fore end, which I didn’t see discussed. He doesn’t seem concerned about it, but… why not reinforce it so there is no flex?
right and I’m saying you are assuming the flex is irregular and he’s been saying forever that it’s not and that the industry spacing is not adequate for pressure

Imo with putting pressure on my barrel in a krg, 2 mcmillans and a manners he is right

atmat

WKR
but… why not reinforce it so there is no flex?
All materials flex. It’s a give and take as to how much flex is acceptable. CF is very strong and also very light. The issue comes from giving yourself very minimal tolerance/space for the flex. That’s why everyone has been preaching to go with a larger contour.

TheCougar

WKR
I went with the medium contour, but I’m going to try and bump both stocks up to sendero. I guess we will learn more when we cliff test them…

Reinforcing wouldn’t help, it’s because the tolerance is so small in a standard sporter inlet

I think the theme is there will be contact in certain scenarios with that inlet with any stock

Luckily for you, it’s easy enough to open up a little so it won’t, but that’s the price that has to be paid for pretty

3rd'ing what was said above. Basically all the premier stock makers will still have enough flex to touch if you torque em enough unless extra clearance is spec'd. My question is in what shot situations are people bending them to touch?

I went Proof Sendero inlet for use with steel sporter contours regardless but most my other stocks/chassis have the common tight minimum level of clearance. Even my MPA BA Comp chassis easily touches an MTU contour.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re looking for a stock with no flex you need to look at a chassis cause all carbon fiber stocks flex.
As far as barrel channels go, grab a socket set and sand paper and open up channel to what works for you. Easy peasy.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR

It’s how basically any “factory Sporter” contour is on any stock if you pay attention. Including the factory stock in many cases. How much pressure it takes to cause “touching” varies from brand to brand.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If you’re looking for a stock with no flex you need to look at a chassis cause all carbon fiber stocks flex.
As far as barrel channels go, grab a socket set and sand paper and open up channel to what works for you. Easy peasy.
My Stockys VG2 carbon stock will not flex enough to touch my factory Sporter barrel no matter how much pressure I place on it. Even unrealistic amounts of pressure. Mine is their sendero barrel channel. I’m guessing the Bart 3B Channel MIGHT touch if you really crank on the barrel with full leverage. I’m guessing it will not come close to touching in realistic or even “extreme” field positions.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My question is in what shot situations are people bending them to touch?
Pinching the stock between the A pillar bar and “dashboard” bar (flip down windshield) caused enough flex in my McMillan stock with factory contour, to cause a noticed impact shift.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I went with the medium contour, but I’m going to try and bump both stocks up to sendero. I guess we will learn more when we cliff test them…
I think you’ll be more than fine with the medium contour. I’ve put completely unrealistic torque and pressure onto the factory barrel and Stockys VG2 with sendero profile, it still doesn’t come close to touching.

SDHNTR

WKR

Deep socket, sandpaper. 3 min and done.