RokStok

Buzby

WKR
Maybe I missed it, any chance this will work with a T1X? The bolt stop is a bit further forward.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Got it. So say you get the factory Sporter contour and sand/hog it out a bit to match a 2b or #3 type contour, is there any risk of sanding through the carbon shell?
You won’t sand through the side of the carbon shell but you will remove some of the top like shown in the photo. But we used the same flat top for both barrel channels so you wouldn’t be comprising integrity by opening it up IMG_0229.jpeg

gabenzeke

WKR
You won’t sand through the side of the carbon shell but you will remove some of the top like shown in the photo. But we used the same flat top for both barrel channels so you wouldn’t be comprising integrity by opening it up View attachment 657644
So if a guy has a 700 clone, could he sand off enough to make room for the bolt release without causing problems? If I can do that, maybe I'll keep the action I bought after all....

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
So if a guy has a 700 clone, could he sand off enough to make room for the bolt release without causing problems? If I can do that, maybe I'll keep the action I bought after all....

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah, absolutely you can.

fwafwow

WKR
You won’t sand through the side of the carbon shell but you will remove some of the top like shown in the photo. But we used the same flat top for both barrel channels so you wouldn’t be comprising integrity by opening it up View attachment 657644
I have a related question. When Form said the above was "tight" - is this the final inlet width for the Sporter? I assumed that it would be a bit wider. I know I can sand to my liking, but I had (maybe ignorantly) thought there would be a bit more cat space.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I have a related question. When Form said the above was "tight" - is this the final inlet width for the Sporter? I assumed that it would be a bit wider. I know I can sand to my liking, but I had (maybe ignorantly) thought there would be a bit more cat space.

Thats the final sporter inlet- 0.035” clearance if I remember correctly. People wanted it to look pretty not function correctly.

Wasn’t my choice. A T3 lite would get the #5 inlet at a minimum, anything else would get the Sendero and sand as needed.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Thats the final sporter inlet- 0.035” clearance if I remember correctly. People wanted it to look pretty not function correctly.

Wasn’t my choice. A T3 lite would get the 5b inlet at a minimum, anything else would get the Sendero and sand as needed.
Got it - thanks. It's too late for me to change mine, but I will figure something out - either sand it, or see if anyone wants to trade places in line for a new order.

ljalberta

WKR
Got it - thanks. It's too late for me to change mine, but I will figure something out - either sand it, or see if anyone wants to trade places in line for a new order.
Didn’t Jake say they could make changes to orders until the final testing is done and they start making the stocks for consumers, unless maybe you’re an early tester as well.

fwafwow

WKR
Didn’t Jake say they could make changes to orders until the final testing is done and they start making the stocks for consumers, unless maybe you’re an early tester as well.
I’m not an early tester. If he said that, I was told otherwise recently.

fwafwow

WKR
Post 2,879 in this thread. Right at the end he notes changes can be made.
I thought I remembered something along those lines, which is why I reached out to @Unknown Munitions on 1/4 to ask to switch to Sendero. The response I received the next day was "Hi [fwafwow], we are unable to change the orders as we finalized our order with Stockys now." Maybe the changes are to color only? Seemed odd to me, but I figured I had just misread or misunderstood something.

ljalberta

WKR
I thought I remembered something along those lines, which is why I reached out to @Unknown Munitions on 1/4 to ask to switch to Sendero. The response I received the next day was "Hi [fwafwow], we are unable to change the orders as we finalized our order with Stockys now." Maybe the changes are to color only? Seemed odd to me, but I figured I had just misread or misunderstood something.
Interesting. I would give them a call. I find connecting on the phone has been easiest for me.

ElPollo

WKR
I got the sporter inlet VG Hunter. My to-do list for it includes both opening up the barrel channel and reducing the trigger reach with some application of lightweight epoxy putty. Haven’t gotten to it yet because it’s on my 6.5 and I’ve been paying more attention to my stock T3x in 223. I will use spray on adhesive to stick wet to dry paper on a long socket and then chuck it up in a drill with a long extension. I’d also recommend running a pencil or running scribe line using a caliper down the top of the channel to give yourself a guideline on how much to take off. Maybe a bit more than 2-3 minutes including getting it set up, but still easy.

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Alright, about to bite the bullet and place an order. One question for @Unknown Munitions or @Stockys: will the “texture zones” be over or under final finish? Specifically, if I order single-color Cerakote, will the stock be entirely that color or will the texture zones always be black or another color?

(Apologies if this is covered way back in this thread)

Alright, about to bite the bullet and place an order. One question for @Unknown Munitions or @Stockys: will the “texture zones” be over or under final finish? Specifically, if I order single-color Cerakote, will the stock be entirely that color or will the texture zones always be black or another color?

(Apologies if this is covered way back in this thread)
Per some earlier replies, it is molded into the original stock, so any color added should be on top of the added grip. The grip panels will be present on the bare carbon models as well. I would assume it is just some grit mixed into the coating on the carbon in those areas.

slowelk

WKR
Per some earlier replies, it is molded into the original stock, so any color added should be on top of the added grip. The grip panels will be present on the bare carbon models as well. I would assume it is just some grit mixed into the coating on the carbon in those areas.

That’s not correct. Stockys said the following when I asked. @alpine_troop

It will be a grip added to the stock after lamination but will be grippy enough that it wouldn't require paint. The stock will also be a matte finish instead of our glossy carbon finish which will help with the slickness of it as well.

I'll post some pictures here of the texture when we get to that point.