RokStok

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
If you could do a steyr pro hunter magnum action (7rm/300wm) I would be in for at least two of them maybe more.

The issue is that it is unlikely they would sell enough of that stock to recoup the mold costs alone even in a decade.

Actions that there is a legit potential for RokStok’s are probably- Tikka, R700, Howa 1500, Win M70’s, Kimbers of some version, Sauer 100, and Sako S20, and X-Bolts. Maybe more.

And if Ryan and Jake want to be peasants, Savage.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Actions that there is a legit potential for RokStok’s are probably- Tikka, R700, Howa 1500, Win M70’s, Kimbers of some version, Sauer 100, and Sako S20. Maybe more.
I wish I had not seen this. Or the Blaser option. The latter might be what I “need” to push me into another rifle that I don’t need.

The issue is that it is unlikely they would sell enough of that stock to recoup the mold costs alone even in a decade.

Actions that there is a legit potential for RokStok’s are probably- Tikka, R700, Howa 1500, Win M70’s, Kimbers of some version, Sauer 100, and Sako S20. Maybe more.

I get it. Just nobody makes a stock for them other than Steyr. Maybe a flat top version and then have a bottom metal made would be more financially feasible.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I get it. Just nobody makes a stock for them other than Steyr. Maybe a flat top version and then have a bottom metal made would be more financially feasible.

The problem with flat tops- especially with the design of the RokStok- is that the tang location, trigger reach, and overall action and trigger placement is critical to how it works. I’m sure it’s possible to find the inlet that is the closest, have a flattop made, then have that specific one modified to fit. But it probably won’t be a normal option.

As a curiosity, what is it about the Steyr that you find note worthy enough to make it worth the effort?

Kimber would be cool! I’d buy a hunter pretty quick if that happens, especially if I can find one in 243 or even 257 roberts since both have been produced

clperry

Lil-Rokslider

I have several xbolts that would wear one if available. Seems like browning sells a lot of them…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. X Bolts as well.

Sweet. I know it’s not a tikka or an m70… but what’s your opinion ion of the x bolt? I’ve had very good luck with them, but they don’t see the round counts anything you have does. But they’ve been reliable and shoot extremely well in my experience with them.

Sweet. I know it’s not a tikka or an m70… but what’s your opinion ion of the x bolt? I’ve had very good luck with them, but they don’t see the round counts anything you have does. But they’ve been reliable and shoot extremely well in my experience with them.

My opinion is not nearly as grounded in experience as Form’s and I likely don’t have the sample size to compare.

That said, I had two, one of which was my first .223 and another my first big game rifle in .270 Win. My family has sworn by Browning and Leupold since I was a kid so that’s what I naturally gravitated towards. However, like the Leupold, I realized that the Browning had some shortcomings.

Specifically, I shot and hunted down to very cold with them on a regular basis for about four years. One thing I noticed was that the bolt would rust just looking at it and I became paranoid about having to oil it prior to putting it in the safe. I live in a fairly dry environment, yet I’d come home after working for a few months and find the bolt would be pitted (not just surface rust), despite oiling it prior to leaving. Additionally, the trigger was not a reliable as the Tikka’s I shoot now in snow. Another issue was the mounting system, there is no integral rail and when I used the recommended rings I had non stop zero shifts. To be fair on the last point, much of that could have been the optic.

Regardless, most of this stuff (excluding zero shifts) is minor and rust is cosmetic. I think the X-Bolt gets alot right and would probably what I’d go back to in the mid price range rifle market if Tikka wasn’t available. The problem is, Tikka is available for the same price. And if I save a bit more, Sako, Blaser etc. is available

Dobermann

WKR
It better shoot like a Rockstar to make up for how it looks! Lol!
I honestly don't understand the comments about the looks - but maybe to me, when something looks the way it does because that gives it functionality, then that looks good to me ... not so much 'form follows function', but 'functionality is inherently good looking'. Or something.

I honestly don't understand the comments about the looks - but maybe to me, when something looks the way it does because that gives it functionality, then that looks good to me ... not so much 'form follows function', but 'functionality is inherently good looking'. Or something.
You have to remember, many of these people post about what color/camo pattern matches their gear.