Rokstok vs T1x: which will have a greater effect on shooting?

Which do you think will have a greater impact on hunting success

• Rokstok

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • T1x

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Cost for a Rokstok is in the neighborhood of a T1x. Which will have a greater impact on hit rates? A T1x and all the cost effective practice it comes with? Or a Rokstok and the improved shot spotting it represents? Obviously the two are not mutually exclusive and the best answer is, get a T3x, a T1x and Rokstoks for both. But if you had to pick…

OP
W
Tikka 243 1:8. I also have an AccuLongrange bag rider on the buttstock. Definitely not a Rokstok but it is helpful.

A .22 isn’t in the same league as a center fire trainer rifle.. but, if you live in an area that isn’t the most conducive for getting out and shooting that often in field conditions, but a suppressed .22 w/ sub sonic ammo does..

I considered building a .223 trainer like everyone does here, but when I’m out in the mountains, I’d rather just shoot my 6 CM. So, I have a CZ 457 .22 that I can build positions and shoot literally every single day at my house. It’s a 250 yard gun that will still hone your fundamentals and help you understand what wind can do to a small projectile. Plus, it’s the most fun you can have with a gun! Hollywood quiet.

If you can put the same scope as your hunting rifle on the .22, or just the same reticle, that’s even better.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
22lr is useful for positional shooting and short distance wind reading. The rest … it translates less than one would hope.

-J

Do you have an already have a .22? If not I’d get the T1x, a good .22 LR is great for practicing field positions and (depending on where you live) turns small game hunting into big game practice.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
I attribute a lot of my natural point of aim, general comfort behind a gun, and even good trigger press to shooting bricks upon bricks of .22lr growing up.

I don't think you need to worry about adding the recoil management aspect for a 6mm personally... with muzzle brakes or suppressors added on light cartriges, I have never noticed accuracy fall off from free recoiling all the way to death-grip-bipod-overload

While there is no real substitute for trigger time on the exact gun you want to improve on, there is nothing about a .243 that makes it hard to shoot in a "non-rokstock"