Rokstok review thread

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I heard Form talk about the cons of using a bipod on the S2H podcast but didn't realize he argued against using quickstix. Can you point me to the post or recall what the argument against them was?

From what I remember around discussion on Quickstix.. the loops on hiking sticks allow a consistent slide of the rifle stock vs a hard rigid surface that may alter recoil path of stock. In personal use the quickstix slow down/reduce ability to reposition for height adjustments. I find myself kicking out forward the feet of the sticks to lower the front height rather than splaying the legs, which increases my wobble.

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I believe that you had the Hyperion K @Marbles , correct? What was your impression between my Scythe and yours on your .243?

Edit to add: I think it was my friend Brian who had the Hyperion K, not Marbles. I shot it back to back on my 18” 6 CM and to me the K had a distinct “pop” that the Scythe did not. Without hearing pro, the Scythe was more comfortable to me, fwiw. Funny how it must sound different on different gun setups, as per Forms experience.
I had the AB 8 stack with 30 cal bore. I thought the AB 8 with no reflex sounded the same from the shooters position as the Scythe. From the side I thought the 30 bore AB 8 sounded slightly better. You 357 bore AB 8 was significantly louder.

I had the AB 8 stack with 30 cal bore. I thought the AB 8 with no reflex sounded the same from the shooters position as the Scythe. From the side I thought the 30 bore AB 8 sounded slightly better. You 357 bore AB 8 was significantly louder.
I put a 6.5 mm the end cap on the AB 8 .375, thanks to @Cameron.25 It actually made a considerable difference. It’s actually now a lot closer to the Scythe.

I bet the Scythe sounded slightly louder from the side due to the brake end cap.

I dont wanna sidetrack but i may start a thread on the CAT cans since they're the ones im the most excited about these days and nobody talks about them here. Got their 6mm noah on its way to me right now, should be great on my 6-6.5prc(thats ina rokstock, woo)

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I dont wanna sidetrack but i may start a thread on the CAT cans since they're the ones im the most excited about these days and nobody talks about them here. Got their 6mm noah on its way to me right now, should be great on my 6-6.5prc(thats ina rokstock, woo)
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the noah.

Dobermann

WKR
In county were I have both poles in hand, I would be curious as to how you pack the Spartan.
@Marbles (and anyone else who was wondering Marbles's question), just in case you haven't seen them, RedKettle and FHF Gear made dedicated pouches/holders for Spartan bipods that can be mounted on bino harnesses.

More practice with less than stellar positioning with the RokStok. Seated, using my pack as a front rest, and my bino pouch between my quad and butt of the rifle. This thing stays on target so well. Hit targets at 250, 485, 695, and 830 ish in this position.

IMG_7489.jpeg

Also… it fits in the Exo K4 rifle carrier well. I’m not sure I’m a fan of this yet. It feels secure for sure but reaching back to unclip the top buckle looks much easier on their videos than it does in real life. Maybe it needs adjusted or it’s because the pack wasn’t totally full?

IMG_7490.jpeg

Greenstig

FNG
CAT says MV’s >3000 fps will irreversibly damage the internals of the NOAH. Just something to be aware of.

CAT says MV’s >3000 fps will irreversibly damage the internals of the NOAH. Just something to be aware of.
Thanks for the heads up. I havent shot mine yet, kinda annoyed it showed up weighing 11.25oz with the hub direct thread mount. My white bread cane in under the listed weight but my johnny law and MOB also showed up heavier than advertised 😑

Greenstig

FNG
Where did you find that info? All im seeing is that the optimized velocity is 1000-2800 and not to let it get too hot
I emailed their customer service a few months ago asking about using the Noah with hotter 6mm cartridges. In short, they recommend the JL for anything 2800-3300 fps (JL’s max).

To avoid derailing this thread, PM me if you want a screenshot of their email response.

Swamper

FNG
Very pleased with the RokStok 100rds in. Big improvement in spotting shots, even in .223. Limited overall experience for me- so take with a grain of salt- but I would say roughly 0 ability to spot shots with factory stock, up to at least 50% just by changing to the RokStok. Have shot it from 50 to 880 yards so far, great from prone, bench, and some non-typical positions like short truck bed, sitting, tripod, etc. All positions so far have been notably better/easier with the RokStok. Also still notably better than a vertical grip, flat forend, comb riser CTR I have. IMG_2953.jpeg

WW2 Buff

FNG
Very pleased with the RokStok 100rds in. Big improvement in spotting shots, even in .223. Limited overall experience for me- so take with a grain of salt- but I would say roughly 0 ability to spot shots with factory stock, up to at least 50% just by changing to the RokStok. Have shot it from 50 to 880 yards so far, great from prone, bench, and some non-typical positions like short truck bed, sitting, tripod, etc. All positions so far have been notably better/easier with the RokStok. Also still notably better than a vertical grip, flat forend, comb riser CTR I have. View attachment 759239
Nice looking setup! Where did you get that cheek pad? I use Triad packs on my Tikka factory stocks but I’m thinking when my Rokstok comes in the Triad pack will be too beefy with the higher comb.

atmat

WKR
Nice looking setup! Where did you get that cheek pad? I use Triad packs on my Tikka factory stocks but I’m thinking when my Rokstok comes in the Triad pack will be too beefy with the higher comb.
Looks like the leather option that comes optional from UM when you order the Rokstok

Swamper

FNG
Thank you!
Atmat is exactly right. It’s the adhesive backed leather from UM. Very nice piece and super easy to apply. It’s under RokStok accessories on the UM website. I got a couple and put them on other stocks as well.