Rokstock reviews

blick

FNG
I got one in remington 700 short for a 6.5 saum that was in a manners eh4. I could spot impacts about 15-20% of the time with the eh4. I'm haven't got a ton of shots on the rokstok but seeming like 50-60% spotting impacts. Had to dremel for about 30 seconds on the cross support in front of trigger for hawkins hunter dbm mag release screw. Front of bolt handle touched stock the tiniest bit, no function issue. I bedded the recoil lug and tang out of the box since there was plenty of clearance. Group size stayed satisfactory. 20240817_111348.jpg20240817_112217.jpgScreenshot_20240817_113850.jpg

Got my 25 creedmoor (26” unbraked) zeroed in the rokstock today. Shot about 100 rounds of 223 and 50 rounds of 25 creedmoor from the rokstocks. Mostly prone off a pack/mollinator, some from a bipod and zeroed on the bench/sandbags.

Loving these stocks..excellent recoil impulse in the 25 creedmoor. Hard to quantify, but it’s significantly easier to spot shots than any other stock I’ve used. Similar to a KRG bravo with inverted recoil pad but lighter, no metal tuning fork feel at the shot, and better ergonomics. I think I could bump up to something like 6.5 PRC and still easily spot shots unbraked from reasonable distances..with my alterras 25 creedmoor was about the limit on recoil before it was difficult to consistently spot impacts. F1F6E4F7-DB72-4506-894C-D25C7400AC93.jpeg

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Is there anyway to make the Rokstock folder compatible?
I'm thinking something just behind the pistol grip, similar to the HNT26 locking mechanism.
Once you fold and strap your rifle to your pack you can't go back, and I'd be very keen on UM attempting to figure that out.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Is there anyway to make the Rokstock folder compatible?
I'm thinking something just behind the pistol grip, similar to the HNT26 locking mechanism.
Once you fold and strap your rifle to your pack you can't go back, and I'd be very keen on UM attempting to figure that out.

In the works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
My small 6 yr old daughter can get behind the RokStok and shoot. She cannot get behind the factory stock and get a good scope picture, and she seams to struggle more with proper positioning using a Savage Rascal.

Beyond that, one would probably call me biased, so I'll hold my own opinions.

This is a 243 shooting 103 ELD-Xs at 2780 fps.

NickT406

FNG
Classified Approved
Received mine last week for my tikka. I have the vg to compare side by side. In every way the stock is better than the vg. Everything about the grip makes it easier to shoot accurate. I was worried it would take a while to get used to because its different but now I just don't like to shoot with other stocks after using it. The forend and cheek comb both help stay on target like advertised.

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Question about the mechanics of the Rokstock.

Is it necessary for the top of the buttpad to be in contact with your shoulder to
reap the benefits of reducing/eliminating muzzle jump?

I was just watching the prank played on Jake in Africa and notice the top
couple inches isn't in contact with anything but the rifle still appears to
recoil straight back.

Just trying to understand.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider

Is it necessary for the top of the buttpad to be in contact with your shoulder to

recoil straight back.

My view based on looking at the physics and interaction points is yes, you cant beat physics and is my argument that mounting scopes higher isn't necessarily a bad thing as if your eye position is fixed then the higher rings leads to the axis of the bore being lowered and the rifle butt sitting lower.
But as soon as the stock is taken prone the top of the stock will be mounted lower on the shoulder and should function.

I have not shot a rokstok so feel may be different but about 5 years ago i made up a similar shaped stock attempting to copy and test to the extreme a negative comb and 1inch above bore line heel that i quickly realized i was shouldering with the heel above my shoulder. I never finished it as we moved so haven't got any live fire through it so ill leave how it actually feels to those that have rokstoks. Ill try order one when they will ship to NZ. (I've ordered materials to make my own version for the Kimber that should arrive shortly)

7mmHunter

FNG
I plan on doing a full review of the stock once my 223 training rifle build is complete. I placed my order with UM on 10/11/24. They expect 6-8 months for the rifle to be completed. UM is doing a custom Tikka for me since 223 isn’t offered as a lefty from the factory

My review will include me swapping the action out with my Hell’s Canyon Armory custom 284 win that currently sits in an AG Alpine hunter. I’m pushing the 284 Win just under 7 PRC speeds, so the recoil impulse will be quick.

I realize it will not be until mid-25 before I do this, but my honest opinion will posted

I can’t wait for the build to be completed

Wapiti1

WKR

recoil straight back.

Every rifle recoils straight back. Regardless of what stock is on it. The recoil impulse is always in line with the bore.

What moves the rifle are the reaction forces at your shoulder. If the shoulder is in line with the bore, the reaction is 1:1 with the recoil impulse in line with the bore. If the shoulder is lower, the reaction will always have a rearward component and an upward component. If the shoulder is higher, it will have a rearward component and a downward component. The distance lower or higher determines how the reaction forces are split, and therefore how much muzzle jump you see.

Whether or not the muzzle rises is dependent on if the upward force component is strong enough to overcome any resistance (you holding the forearm, the weight of the rifle, etc).

Jeremy

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Every rifle recoils straight back. Regardless of what stock is on it. The recoil impulse is always in line with the bore.

What moves the rifle are the reaction forces at your shoulder. If the shoulder is in line with the bore, the reaction is 1:1 with the recoil impulse in line with the bore. If the shoulder is lower, the reaction will always have a rearward component and an upward component. If the shoulder is higher, it will have a rearward component and a downward component. The distance lower or higher determines how the reaction forces are split, and therefore how much muzzle jump you see.

Whether or not the muzzle rises is dependent on if the upward force component is strong enough to overcome any resistance (you holding the forearm, the weight of the rifle, etc).

Jeremy
Understood.

What I don't understand is why, in the video I mentioned, it appears the muzzle is not
rising even though the top of the buttpad has a good couple inches of no contact.

Skip to 58:50

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Understood.

What I don't understand is why, in the video I mentioned, it appears the muzzle is not
rising even though the top of the buttpad has a good couple inches of no contact.

Skip to 58:50

Because there is a range where the recoil is consistent and controlled.
So while his shoulder may be 2” below boreline, a normal stock would put him 3-4” below bore- there’s a point where the muzzle rise starts being dramatic.