Rokslide Podcast

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all, I haven't read everything on here but wanted to let you know what happened.

The Podcast was something Aron was going to offer but a lot changed for him shortly after that (spring of 2014) which eventually led to him stepping out of an ownership position. He's still on staff but not in any capacity to offer a podcast as he's so busy with everything else.

With all Ryan and I have to do to keep the site rolling and growing, there is no way we could offer one at this point.

Also, things have changed quickly in the podcast arena since 2014, and as Randle points out above, Gritty Bowmen is covering a lot of those subjects. There are quite a few other good ones out there and it seems like investing our time in splitting up the podcast pie even more wouldn't be a good time investment, at least for Ryan and me during this phase of our business.

So anyway, that's why there is not a Rokslide podcast at this point.

We appreciate your feedback.

Ruskin

WKR
Just a suggestion, but what about a sub-forum or place to list pod-casts which are relevant to Roksliders? Do we have this? Something more like a sticky thread which is always at the top or even a sub-forum. Everyone has their select podcasts they like, but new guys are not always connected and it might help point folks in the right direction. To get fancy, a way Roksliders could vote on perceived value or quality.

Podcasts are similar to product companies, except they offer the service of information. I know product companies pay for advertising, but seeing that podcasts are usually free to us, a free place on Rokslide that podcast owners could list their brand may be a win-win.

Lukem

WKR
Just a suggestion, but what about a sub-forum or place to list pod-casts which are relevant to Roksliders? Do we have this? Something more like a sticky thread which is always at the top or even a sub-forum. Everyone has their select podcasts they like, but new guys are not always connected and it might help point folks in the right direction. To get fancy, a way Roksliders could vote on perceived value or quality.

Podcasts are similar to product companies, except they offer the service of information. I know product companies pay for advertising, but seeing that podcasts are usually free to us, a free place on Rokslide that podcast owners could list their brand may be a win-win.

A thread that's a little ways down. Lots of good stuff in there.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...dcasts-are-you-listening-to&highlight=podcast

bogeyboy555

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide is going to start a Podcast in the next couple of weeks and wanted to get some topic ideas from all of you.

We figured this was a great way to cover a lot of the PM's I receive, and cover some items that are just flat out easier to do in words.

The plan is to do one PC a week on just about anything you guys can come up with. We will have a thread to discuss each PC and for other experienced guys to throw in their advice as well.

I've already scheduled a couple interviews; one being with a local personal trainer/dietitian that placed 2nd at the Olympia this year. She's actually my wife's trainer/fitness coach and a wealth of knowledge at any level. This will be an informational PC, and she will be covering dieting on the first go round.

Here's a few ideas Ryan and I came up with: broadhead tuning, what shelter option would be best for each person, Down vs Synthetic, Photography, Land Navigation, survival tips, mule deer tactics.

Those are just a few ideas, but what are your thoughts on this and what would you like to see covered?

Aron -

Is there anyway we can do an extension of the session you did with Grant last year at OneShot? I think Chris Roe was with you. I personally would love to hear more on your wilderness high country tactics and less on the how to sit in a drainage and call.

a few other ideas:
- pricking where to hunt. Rules to follow to consistently find animals. Where to park, start, avoiding people, using Google Earth, what you look for in general during hunt prep.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR ME: You've spotted a big bull and its 100 yards away, now what? How to close the gap from 100 yards to getting an arrow flying. This has consistently been the toughest thing for me. 220lbs of gear, dude, and stink - how to get close to the animal without being seen, heard, or smelled.