Rokslide/North Idaho Spring backpacking trip!

Memorial day weekend sucks for traffic. It can be stop and go for hours trying to get back to the westside.

I would prefer that we did a different weekend myself.

I'd be in but would also prefer a different weekend than Memorial Day.

Some of the units run till way into the summer. We could do it the first weekend in June? Aron and I would probably stay up their for 4-5 days.

Sam, I know you have seen this...............................................Crickets:)

June 6 & 7 is the train to hunt event on the west side. I wouldn't be able to make it that weekend.

Yeah, we can go to some of Sam's spots!

My spots are all too close to a road for a backpack hunt:)

Some of the units run till way into the summer. We could do it the first weekend in June? Aron and I would probably stay up their for 4-5 days.

Sam, I know you have seen this.............................................. .Crickets

We could set everybody up on the point to shoot at the three-legged bears...

Potentially interested. My annual trip across the Bob on Memorial Day weekend makes that date a no-go for me.

Would an old guy fairly new to rokslide be welcome? Would love to join if I could get away.

I am interested as well. Let me know the logistics such as decided week of the spring and location and I will try to make it up there. Pretty big drive for me but I am trying to learn that region more and an early season trip would be good.

In addition I second that memorial day or any holiday weekend is best avoided due to the swelling numbers of humans out and about. Dates I am pretty open with a month or so advance time frame. I trust the locals with choosing location as I dont know the region and I am pretty sure they have it dialed. Hope to make this happen !

I'd love to make it. Its a little bit of a poke for me but if the dates are set early enough I may be able to make it.

Looks like the dates will be June 6-14. Aron and I will be up their that week. PM me if you want to go so I can give you a location as the time gets closer.

This sounds fun. I think I could go during the 6-9th time frame if the old fat guy quota has not been met yet. I will try to get my 18 y/o son out also.

Ryan, I assume you are thinking Unit 6 if some are going to be doing some bear hunting during those dates (that's one of the nonresident discounted tag units also...hmmm interesting). This could be some good recon for a family backpacking trip up there we were planning for later in the summer.

This sounds fun. I think I could go during the 6-9th time frame if the old fat guy quota has not been met yet. I will try to get my 18 y/o son out also.

Ryan, I assume you are thinking Unit 6 if some are going to be doing some bear hunting during those dates (that's one of the nonresident discounted tag units also...hmmm interesting). This could be some good recon for a family backpacking trip up there we were planning for later in the summer.

I like the idea of a $41 non-res tag. If I don't draw a spring bear tag here in Washington, I might show up.

Back