Rokslide/North Idaho Spring backpacking trip!

OBP

WKR
Memorial day weekend sucks for traffic. It can be stop and go for hours trying to get back to the westside.

I would prefer that we did a different weekend myself.

I'd be in but would also prefer a different weekend than Memorial Day.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Some of the units run till way into the summer. We could do it the first weekend in June? Aron and I would probably stay up their for 4-5 days.

Sam, I know you have seen this...............................................Crickets:)

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
June 6 & 7 is the train to hunt event on the west side. I wouldn't be able to make it that weekend.

Yeah, we can go to some of Sam's spots!

My spots are all too close to a road for a backpack hunt:)

Some of the units run till way into the summer. We could do it the first weekend in June? Aron and I would probably stay up their for 4-5 days.

Sam, I know you have seen this.............................................. .Crickets

We could set everybody up on the point to shoot at the three-legged bears...

DaveC

WKR
Potentially interested. My annual trip across the Bob on Memorial Day weekend makes that date a no-go for me.

Cranny

Lil-Rokslider
Would an old guy fairly new to rokslide be welcome? Would love to join if I could get away.

I am interested as well. Let me know the logistics such as decided week of the spring and location and I will try to make it up there. Pretty big drive for me but I am trying to learn that region more and an early season trip would be good.

In addition I second that memorial day or any holiday weekend is best avoided due to the swelling numbers of humans out and about. Dates I am pretty open with a month or so advance time frame. I trust the locals with choosing location as I dont know the region and I am pretty sure they have it dialed. Hope to make this happen !

209hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to make it. Its a little bit of a poke for me but if the dates are set early enough I may be able to make it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Looks like the dates will be June 6-14. Aron and I will be up their that week. PM me if you want to go so I can give you a location as the time gets closer.

Mike7

WKR
This sounds fun. I think I could go during the 6-9th time frame if the old fat guy quota has not been met yet. I will try to get my 18 y/o son out also.

Ryan, I assume you are thinking Unit 6 if some are going to be doing some bear hunting during those dates (that's one of the nonresident discounted tag units also...hmmm interesting). This could be some good recon for a family backpacking trip up there we were planning for later in the summer.

7mag.

WKR
This sounds fun. I think I could go during the 6-9th time frame if the old fat guy quota has not been met yet. I will try to get my 18 y/o son out also.

Ryan, I assume you are thinking Unit 6 if some are going to be doing some bear hunting during those dates (that's one of the nonresident discounted tag units also...hmmm interesting). This could be some good recon for a family backpacking trip up there we were planning for later in the summer.

I like the idea of a $41 non-res tag. If I don't draw a spring bear tag here in Washington, I might show up.