Rokslide Formula 1 Fans

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Yea they called me this year and I asked the same question. "Are there assigned seats outside? Is there a seat outside for every ticket sold?" If both answers are no I politely tell them to F off. I like watching the races on my couch better. Being at the track for all the other stuff is awesome though. Just not the acutal race. Maybe next year I'll do a paddock package.
Baku paddock packages are only like $6k 😂 My wife was like “**** it let’s go there.” Might have to take her up on that.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone wants to talk F1 during the race, the P1 podcast discord server is usually filled with banter.

ODB

WKR
Enjoyed the race. Peerless Max. Carlos drove like he’s on the market ;-) interesting issue with leclerc.

As I thought, maxs race pace was frightening. He’s just on another planet.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
only way max loses is if the engine goes during a race or someone hits him. it’s going to be a long season

learl

Lil-Rokslider
The gaps are definitely closing overall, but max staying out front ain’t just a car. Gap to p9 in q3 was only .5 - that’s over a 3.3k track, not like a shorter track with fewer corners. Max’s robot-like driving really adds up, especially over a race. I have a feeling maxs race pace is going to be frightening.
Oh, I fully agree with that. Max is an absolute machine right now and his regular domination of Perez shows it’s not just the car. It’s great to have a tight midfield but man it’s going to be a long season since the championship looks to be a foregone conclusion.

tdhanses

WKR
And just like that Hamilton has the slower car. Toto will keep him behind George all season. I sure would have liked to see Lando move to a better team.
I won’t be shocked if Lando isn’t at either RB or MB for 25.

ODB

WKR
@tpicou did you catch the idiotic move by 22 after the race on 3? I get he was pissed about the swap, but holy hell man…that was dumb.

I think 3 thought he had pace in the softs, but didn’t turn out to be. I watched those laps from in-car and he made way too many mistakes to get past 20

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
@tpicou did you catch the idiotic move by 22 after the race on 3? I get he was pissed about the swap, but holy hell man…that was dumb.

I think 3 thought he had pace in the softs, but didn’t turn out to be. I watched those laps from in-car and he made way too many mistakes to get past 20
Yeah what the hell is wrong with yuki. He’s always had a temper but that’s absurd.

I think it was a combination of DR not having the pace due to mistakes and him having more tire deg than they realized. IMO had a small window to take advantage of them and just didn’t capitalize.

Also, it seems like Jos is really trying to break up the team huh? 😂

ODB

WKR
Yeah what the hell is wrong with yuki. He’s always had a temper but that’s absurd.

I think it was a combination of DR not having the pace due to mistakes and him having more tire deg than they realized. IMO had a small window to take advantage of them and just didn’t capitalize.

Also, it seems like Jos is really trying to break up the team huh? 😂

Uh oh, I missed the Jos thing - what happened?

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Uh oh, I missed the Jos thing - what happened?

It’s kind of assumed online (right now) that Jos leaked all that stuff to the press

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

I would be surpised if they dont cut yuki for liam lawson at this point. Yuki has always been hot in the car but that was probably too much. He for sure disqualified himself for a red bull drive.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

It’s kind of assumed online (right now) that Jos leaked all that stuff to the press

It makes no sense to leave where you are at for a slower car. More money wont help him if he cant get on the podium.

I think its just a play to get red bull to renegotiate a current contact for more $.

Yep I really enjoy f1

Thought the first race weekend was decent, excited for this season, even if max walks away with it. I have no problem with an outrageously good car being fielded by the best driver setting records. I know it’s boring to some but that’s how records get made. You can’t write sports history and have a bunched field at the top.

I think yuki could have looked fine and came out looking terrible by acting like a child but that’s not abnormal for him. DR had a chance at points with softs and yuki hadn’t passed kmag in some time. He wasted another 2 laps of DRs softs after the swap call and got them stuck in blue lights for max. Totally botched any chance the team had due to being selfish. Add in the nonsense on the cooldown and he’s just really botched this weekend after beating his team mate in quali.

Nice to see Sainz in good spirits and winning driver of the day, hopefully he puts together a strong season and has some choices for where he goes.

I will say if max cares solely about winning as he expresses he could do to tell his dad to shut up for once in his life. Max is sitting in maybe the best car ever made, created and run by the team that set the best season ever recorded last year. If you care about winning you don’t rock that boat (aside from max expressing a personal issue with horners conduct if max knows something) I’ve never seen him stand up to his dad, so I doubt that happens. If he wants to keep outside issues out of the racing as he claims, he needs to tell his dad to zip it for once.

ODB

WKR

Oh geez….could you imagine Max at Mercedes? What a nightmare that would be.

what does Jos have to gain for max by screwing up perhaps the most effective F1 team on the grid? Does he think max will want to go through the development phase again?

ODB

WKR
It makes no sense to leave where you are at for a slower car. More money wont help him if he cant get on the podium.

I think its just a play to get red bull to renegotiate a current contact for more $.

Max is making like 55 mil a year. I don’t even think max cares about making more than that.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider

what does Jos have to gain for max by screwing up perhaps the most effective F1 team on the grid? Does he think max will want to go through the development phase again?
Yeah honestly it’s the weirdest thing. No idea what’s going on behind the scenes for him to hate Horner that much. They put max in a car when he was really young, delivered an insane car, and he is/has been the clear #1 driver on the team. I’d be pretty annoyed if my dad was trying to mess that up.

tdhanses

WKR
I would be surpised if they dont cut yuki for liam lawson at this point. Yuki has always been hot in the car but that was probably too much. He for sure disqualified himself for a red bull drive.
I think the only reason that didn’t happen last year is due to politics and sponsors, Yuki must have connections as he should of been dropped years ago

Jos shouldn’t even be in the picture, at what point does Max not need his daddy around as an adult. I say let Max go, bring Carlos or Lando over to RB.

ODB

WKR
I think the only reason that didn’t happen last year is due to politics and sponsors, Yuki must have connections as he should of been dropped years ago

Jos shouldn’t even be in the picture, at what point does Max not need his daddy around as an adult. I say let Max go, bring Carlos or Lando over to RB.

I have heard Yuki is a “demand” from Honda. No idea if it’s true.

Max leaving RedBull means a completely wide open field. I’d love to see Carlos instead of checo. I like carlos’ passion. I cannot see max thriving under Toto and Susie Wolff. The demands of his level of driver cannot be tolerated just anywhere (I don’t think).

I cannot get on the lando train. He just seems so milquetoast to me…