Rokslide Formula 1 Fans

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Likewise. I love to watch the weekend unfold. Back in the day it was hard enough to just watch he races, this is pure delight.

Hell half the fun stuff happens outside the race.

I really like lando but I just feel like Zack is a pretentious D bag and I cant get behind him. I AM NOT a hamilton fan.

ODB

WKR
Hell half the fun stuff happens outside the race.

I really like lando but I just feel like Zack is a pretentious D bag and I cant get behind him. I AM NOT a hamilton fan.

Same. I can’t stand Mercedes at all. It gives me great joy to see the customer cars either beat or be alongside the works Mercedes team.

I’ll tell you no rookie in many years has impressed me like Piastri. Dude is a mature driver with a lot of potential.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Same. I can’t stand Mercedes at all. It gives me great joy to see the customer cars either beat or be alongside the works Mercedes team.

I’ll tell you no rookie in many years has impressed me like Piastri. Dude is a mature driver with a lot of potential.

I dont disagree about piastri however given we are riccardo fans its taken a bit to warm up to him given that and the fact he is on Zacs team.

Im still yuki and pierre fans. Doesnt look like alpine will be able to field a competive car this year. Serves them right after how they did otmar. I hated how D2S tried to make it seem that after alpine canned otmar that the next race they were doing so much better. As if you can make a change that fast.

ODB

WKR
I dont disagree about piastri however given we are riccardo fans its taken a bit to warm up to him given that and the fact he is on Zacs team.

Im still yuki and pierre fans. Doesnt look like alpine will be able to field a competive car this year. Serves them right after how they did otmar. I hated how D2S tried to make it seem that after alpine canned otmar that the next race they were doing so much better. As if you can make a change that fast.

Man the ricciardo/Mclaren thing was frustrating to watch. And I was really bummed when he hurt his hand at zandvoort last year when he came back. What a bummer. Looks like the RB might be develop into a decent car. Midfield is going to be great this year.

Gasly is my daughters favorite driver. But yeah, Alpine 2024…oof man…they have some work to do.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
I’m not lying, it is rather funny to re-read all the post p2 threads again… they thought it was the second coming of 44… I think Mercedes had the PU turned up to party mode and dropped very low.

But how great to see Alonso still acting like a 20-year old…
alonso is going to race until he’s 50

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
I had not see that one thank you for posting that. It was fun to watch.
i love how how you can see all the turbulence/wake behind the car due to the wet track. reminds me of my fluid dynamics days. i’m kind of surprised they didn’t try to obfuscate that some since it’s such great video quality.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Imagine if Alonso goes to Merc because Toto wants Kimi to develop another year…and Alonso wins races. The media and internet will explode

Reactions: ODB

ODB

WKR
Imagine if Alonso goes to Merc because Toto wants Kimi to develop another year…and Alonso wins races. The media and internet will explode

Mercedes doesn’t deserve Alonso. I can’t stand the Toto/Susie Wolff finishing school. The fact that bottas, who is essentially average, was happier than ever moving to Alfa-Romeo says a lot.

It is a crime that alonso only has two WDCs. He is unbelievably talented.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Mercedes doesn’t deserve Alonso. I can’t stand the Toto/Susie Wolff finishing school. The fact that bottas, who is essentially average, was happier than ever moving to Alfa-Romeo says a lot.

It is a crime that alonso only has two WDCs. He is unbelievably talented.
Yeah. I’m oddly a Bottas fan but it’s so frustrating because he can (well could in the Merc days) be really fast he is just wildly inconsistent. So overall I agree with the average label. I’m glad he is happy now, though. I imagine driving for Merc is just as stressful as it is for RB but they are just better at hiding it and it probably wrecks anyone not named Lewis.

Totally unrelated: I’m so, so angry at the FOM for not accepting Andretti. We were going to re-buy the same hospitality tickets we had for Vegas and cancelled going this year because of that. I love F1 but it’s a bit annoying to be used as an American cash cow when they insult us like that.

ODB

WKR
Yeah. I’m oddly a Bottas fan but it’s so frustrating because he can (well could in the Merc days) be really fast he is just wildly inconsistent. So overall I agree with the average label. I’m glad he is happy now, though. I imagine driving for Merc is just as stressful as it is for RB but they are just better at hiding it and it probably wrecks anyone not named Lewis.

Totally unrelated: I’m so, so angry at the FOM for not accepting Andretti. We were going to re-buy the same hospitality tickets we had for Vegas and cancelled going this year because of that. I love F1 but it’s a bit annoying to be used as an American cash cow when they insult us like that.

Conspiracy: Zac browns dislike of RB is to pressure them out (no two-team ownership) so Andretti will have room and Zac moves to principal of Andretti to keep it all American.

But yeah, the anti-Andretti stuff is dumb. Hell man they already have a 60% car in the wind tunnel.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Sometimes I get the feeling George is Totos new pet and lewis is the old horse fixing to get put out to pasture. Probably doesnt help that lewis basically threatens to quit every time they add a race to the schedule.

I didnt do the SI club at COTA turn 12 this year for similar reasons. They sell more tickets then there are seats to watch the race and for what the tickets cost its criminal.

prm

WKR
Big auto racing fan. Love the tech and history of F1, but the racing has been lackluster at best in recent years. More of a MotoGP and WSBK fan where the racing is amazing.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Sometimes I get the feeling George is Totos new pet and lewis is the old horse fixing to get put out to pasture. Probably doesnt help that lewis basically threatens to quit every time they add a race to the schedule.

I didnt do the SI club at COTA turn 12 this year for similar reasons. They sell more tickets then there are seats to watch the race and for what the tickets cost its criminal.
Yep fighting for seats in a club is bullshit. We had to get there so early that we felt like assholes. We ended up just swapping off with some other people so everyone in the immediate area could see cars. The grandstands in miami were a much better viewing experience than vegas club.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yep fighting for seats in a club is bullshit. We had to get there so early that we felt like assholes. We ended up just swapping off with some other people so everyone in the immediate area could see cars. The grandstands in miami were a much better viewing experience than vegas club.

Yea they called me this year and I asked the same question. "Are there assigned seats outside? Is there a seat outside for every ticket sold?" If both answers are no I politely tell them to F off. I like watching the races on my couch better. Being at the track for all the other stuff is awesome though. Just not the acutal race. Maybe next year I'll do a paddock package.