RMEF banquet question

elkduds

WKR
Never been to an RMEF banquet. I believe in their mission and management, have returned as a member, support them w cash contributions, and am looking to volunteer in the field. "Adults having too much fun," is no fun for me so I stay away.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
Seems to me that your success in the raffles is directly proportional to your blood-alcohol level. I don't drink and have yet to win anything from the raffles despite spending as much or more money than others at my table who are a little more tuned up and apparently more lucky than me.

Same here. I've been to dozens of RMEF banquets and have only seen an occasional drunk. Must be your area which I'm guessing might be the Midwest.

Statistically speaking you could have narrowed it down even more to Wisconsin. Since for some reason we have 12 of the top 20 "drunkest cities in America" Although the rest is filled in by mostly Midwest cities.
1. Appleton, Wisc. - 20 drunkest cities in America - Pictures - CBS News

I am on the committee for RMEF in a Wisconsin chapter. We have never had anyone completely smashed at a banquet. It is a family event and we don't have any of the bottomless pint deals that other banquets are promoting. You need to take this issue up with the local RD. If you had this experience many others will as well...and that is going to hurt the turnout in the future. Please voice your concern.

ericF

WKR
I usually go to two different ones in cities that are 30 miles apart. One has a bottomless cup and the other gives you two free drink coupons in your package. I've seen absolutely no difference in behavior between the two. I think it is probably dependent on where you are and your demographics.

clip

FNG
From my experience being a volunteer and just an attendee the problems I have seen are from the people that got a head start before they got to the banquet or the ones that made a few trips to the truck during the event, I don't think it's the "bottomless" option that is the issue if you've been to a sporting event and seen over served folks at $8-12 a beer some will over indulge anyway and it is probably just another Saturday to them.

wytx

WKR
W. Lincolnway tells me just where it was. Had that problem one time at our banquet over the hill, didn't happen again. I would address it with the banquet chair.