Rings and base for a tikka lite

I am pulling the trigger on a tikka lite in 6.5.

Still researching glass but leaning toward a leupold vx-3i

My plan is to mount talley rings to the reliever.

Question:

- What height ringsseem to be popular for this set up?
- should I be thinking about other options for a base and rings?

I used talley low mounts with my vortex viper hst 4-16x44 and I think it fits great. I wouldnt mind if they were even a bit lower. My dad has the 50mm objective version of my scope and he used the medium rings.

DNZ are all I will buy if they make them for my rifle. I have had too many problems caused by multi pice rings and bases.

Lows are what I have on mine with a 3x9x40 Burris.

What is the model number? Are you talking about a T3X in 6.5CM?

About to buy one myself, and wasn't aware of one in that caliber.

just bought a T3X superlite at SW today, been on order since June ... YESSIR, 6.5 CM

I have an original pair of the old T3 rings that were never used - I think, for the heck of it, I'll use them, torqued to precisely what Tikka said to in in/lb and see how they work with a tolerant kicker like the 6.5 (just to see for myself) since the ones that failed me awhile back had been way, way overtightened ...... by me - I have a hunch they'll work ok

Dang. No SW here, and Cabela's wants $900 for them with a massive backlog of 6.5 orders.

Gonna go for the T3X Lite stainless in .308.

I have a used 1” DNZ mount that I bought on here and never used because I put a 30mm on my new 300. PM me if you’re interested in purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the model number? Are you talking about a T3X in 6.5CM?

About to buy one myself, and wasn't aware of one in that caliber.

I have a tx3 lite on order from Whittakers. Not sure of the model number. It is not the super lite which has the fluted barrel but I don't live near a sportsmans wharehouse and don't want to pay up for camo I don't care for at cabelas.

Thanks for the input. I am going to do a bit more reading about the dnz options.

I have a tx3 lite on order from Whittakers. Not sure of the model number. It is not the super lite which has the fluted barrel but I don't live near a sportsmans wharehouse and don't want to pay up for camo I don't care for at cabelas.

Thanks for the input. I am going to do a bit more reading about the dnz options.

Did they anticipate when they would begin filling orders for the T3X Lite in 6.5?

Buying from Whittaker's already, and wouldn't mind waiting a bit, but I don't even know if such a rifle exists.

Did they anticipate when they would begin filling orders for the T3X Lite in 6.5?

Buying from Whittaker's already, and wouldn't mind waiting a bit, but I don't even know if such a rifle exists.

Beretta announced it but given the time we had to wait for the SL in 6.5cm there's no telling when the Lites will reach the shelves

Back