Bought my first Tikka.

pharmfisher

Lil-Rokslider
After much reading on here, I have pulled the trigger on my first Tikka. I went with a t3x stainless in 6.5 creedmoor. I bought it as a close range (200 and in) whitetail gun. I'm sure there may be better cartridges for this, but I'm left handed so my options are limited, and I really wanted something with light recoil. I went with a trijicon accupoint 1-6 for glass, UM Tikka rings. I have another rifle with a 3-10 nightforce, so I wanted something for extreme close range that can get on target super quick. I'm thinking it'll be a cool gun to shoot. Does anyone have any factory ammo recommendations? I won't be shooting long range, but I enjoy seeing how accurate I can be. I'm planning on starting with some Hornady precision hunter, federal fusion, and some Hornady match. Any other bits of wisdom from the large group of Tikka owners here?

Olympics777

Lil-Rokslider
After much reading on here, I have pulled the trigger on my first Tikka. I went with a t3x stainless in 6.5 creedmoor. I bought it as a close range (200 and in) whitetail gun. I'm sure there may be better cartridges for this, but I'm left handed so my options are limited, and I really wanted something with light recoil. I went with a trijicon accupoint 1-6 for glass, UM Tikka rings. I have another rifle with a 3-10 nightforce, so I wanted something for extreme close range that can get on target super quick. I'm thinking it'll be a cool gun to shoot. Does anyone have any factory ammo recommendations? I won't be shooting long range, but I enjoy seeing how accurate I can be. I'm planning on starting with some Hornady precision hunter, federal fusion, and some Hornady match. Any other bits of wisdom from the large group of Tikka owners here?
I’ve never had fusions shoot well in any rifle. I’d go with Eld-ms first. Congrats on the tikka, they are pretty sweet.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
i'd try a bunch of different ammo up and down the price scale. there's no reason to be spending $50/box on black hills when an $18 box of sellier & bellot will let you ring steel at 200 yards. or practice offhand at 100 yards.

dont get me wrong, i love making itty bitty groups. it just can get...expensive.

MTtrout

WKR
I don’t have that gun/caliber but the first thing I would do is decide what bullet type you want to use and try it or similar ballistic equivalent. If that doesn’t matter to you then buy a variety of ammo and see what shoots the best for your gun. At 200 yards and less my personal preference would be something that doesn’t explode on impact.

I second the recommendation on the Hornady and I also suggest the Berger 135 elite hunter. All are good for whitetail and are usually very accurate. I think you made a good choose for a close to medium range scope. You can certainly get the gun on a very close target quicker with the low magnification. Enjoy the new toy. Tikkas usual shoot great.

NWBLKTAIL

FNG
I just picked up a tikka ember 6.5 cm. I agree with the Hornady recommendations 140-147 Eld-m 143 eldx. I’ve personally had good luck with eldx in other rifles on game. This will be my first go with eldm bullets in the 6.5cm.
Good luck to ya

CJF

WKR
If you want a bonded bullet the Norma Bondstrike shoots well from mine. I get the same impact point within 150 yards with the Norma as with the Precision Hunter ELDX.

grfox92

WKR
147 ELDM. If you don't reload make sure you buy as many boxes as you can afford from the same lot number. It's no secret and I've seen first hand, 2 boxes from 2 lot numbers of the exact same Hornady ammunition shoot 3 inches low and 4 inches left at 100 yards.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Matt5266

WKR
I havnt owned any 6.5 creedmoor that didnt like the 140 or 147 eld m or the 143 eldx and I've owned "a few"

JGRaider

WKR
It's a Tikka, so it will shoot just about anything sub MOA which is way more than good enough for 300 or less. Since it's also a 6.5CM, it's hard to find a bullet that won't kill well at CM velocities. That's just another of the many attributes of this rifle/cartridge.