Rimfire Suppressor

wesfromky

WKR
Anyone that is looking for an OCL titanium - they have a few in stock. I ordered an 8.6 Hydrogen S from them on the 16th and the form 3 must have cleared pretty quickly because they shipped on the 21st.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been considering picking up a Sparrow, so I’m interested in what other options you guys think are better
I think the sparrow is still a great value. It maybe older tech but is still one of the quietest cans. I have two because I swap between several hosts and there is no poi shift between the two. First round pop is noticeable only on pistols in my experience. No frp on my rifles.

I’ve been considering picking up a Sparrow, so I’m interested in what other options you guys think are better.

Related…
Anyone have experience with these modular cans for rimfire?
I got the Sico Switchback because I thought I wanted a modular can. In the end I'm Lazy and just leave it in the long configuration. Having multiple sections is annoying because one always seems to come loose.

If I carry my MK4 for grouse this year while archery hunting I may shorted the can up a bit for weight and bulk.

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
Have you found the otter creek easy to clean?
Its in jail for me right now. But the answer is:

Yes, its titanium. CLR soak will do the trick no different than my current titanium can. Cant do CLR with aluminum, and apparently not supposed to do that with stainless steel either

The easier cleaning pays for itself. Ti is a minor upcharge vs SS or Al in the grande scheme

I have a Sparrow and love it. Cleaning is a bit of a chore, but you need to be able to clean a rimfire can or it’s quickly going to be an expensive carbon storage device.

I haven’t shot many rimfire suppressors back to back for comparison purposes, but I doubt there is much a difference in performance between popular models when using subsonic ammo.

But if you just want a new suppressor, by all means buy one and report back how they compare.
cleaning my sparrow is a walk in the park with "the dip"