Rimfire choices

Which .22?

• Total voters

11Justin22

Lil-Rokslider
I considered CZ, but really liked the idea of a more 'modern' rifle. Nothing against them, I've owned a 542 & 457 & they're awesome guns (probably shouldn't have come off the 457) but I'm really digging the idea of the T1 & BMR.
I'm surprised at the guys saying the Bergara felt rough. I've handled several & they're were all 99% as smooth as the Tikka. I did make the mistake of shooting a Vudu & boy, that'll ruin you....

I hadn't even thought of Anschutz. I'm looking for more of a target orientated all rounder than a dedicated range gun.
Surprises me too, I handled several at a gun show last weekend and they were every bit as smooth as my Tikka. Not sure but there seems to be a bit of bergara hate floating around rokslide recently. I am a very objective person and am not brand loyal. Pick one that is based off your main center-fire rifle and go shoot it👍

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
CZ 457 synthetic as it is nitride and will resistant corrosion better.

I considered CZ, but really liked the idea of a more 'modern' rifle. Nothing against them, I've owned a 542 & 457 & they're awesome guns (probably shouldn't have come off the 457) but I'm really digging the idea of the T1 & BMR.
I'm surprised at the guys saying the Bergara felt rough. I've handled several & they're were all 99% as smooth as the Tikka. I did make the mistake of shooting a Vudu & boy, that'll ruin you....

I hadn't even thought of Anschutz. I'm looking for more of a target orientated all rounder than a dedicated range gun.
My sample size of the bmr action is one, in 17hmr. So take that for what it's worth (2 cents with inflation, so not much haha)
I liked the stock and feel overall just wish the one I handled was smoother, I would've left with it.

The t1x I'm sure feels very familiar and is also compatible with all the t3/t3x stuff so that's another thing to consider. Add another tikka to the collection to sit next to that swede of yours.

Wrongside

WKR
I have a couple T1x that both shoot great. And thinking about adding another to do a heavier NRL22 build. So yeah, guess I’d vote Tikka. ;)

Flyrodr

FNG
Have only the Bergara BMR w/ carbon barrel, but happy with it. Light barrel makes it a bit difficult to hold still, but with a solid bag and good trigger control, and good ammo, it'll shoot fine. Never noticed bolt or trigger being particularly rough. Got it for a squirrel gun, and for training my grandson in a few years. Not intending any precision match shooting with it. Pretty much a sub MOA shooter with match ammo. Occasionally groups like attached (which I might have posted before). It's also all too good at showing failures of proper technique.

Attachments

• Bergara BMR 100-yd 01-29-22.jpg
    Bergara BMR 100-yd 01-29-22.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 11
I went with a Tikka because I also hunt with a Tikka in 6.5PRC. So I can practice with all of the same controls, trigger feel, and even in the same chassis. It shoots unbelievably well. Sub MOA pretty easily.
Yeah, but so does the cheapo ruger american.....
IMG_3735_zps2hkvxsht.jpg

N2TRKYS

WKR
I bought a 20” barrel T1x 22lr and love it. That thing is accurate with several different brands of ammo, even the cheap cci range ammo. It groups very nicely at 100 yards, as well.

gtriple

WKR
I bought a 20” barrel T1x 22lr and love it. That thing is accurate with several different brands of ammo, even the cheap cci range ammo. It groups very nicely at 100 yards, as well.
Hilariously, mine shoots about 1MOA with Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity. It's close to the cheapest stuff you can find.

crich

WKR

My BMR bolt cycle was HORRIBLE when I first got it. After pulling the bolt and looking at it, the laser etching on the bottom of the bolt was rough and digging into the rails of the receiver. A trip back to the company and its Gtg now. I think I had a really early model.