Rifle scopes you'd love to see Form test

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen it mentioned several times in this thread (and others), but have any of the Trijicon Accupoints actually been tested?

I'm pretty sure a few of the other Trijicon lines have been (and appear to have fared well)

I've seen it mentioned several times in this thread (and others), but have any of the Trijicon Accupoints actually been tested?

I'm pretty sure a few of the other Trijicon lines have been (and appear to have fared well)
I have wondered the same, id be interested in the 2.5-12.5 as a 3-10 shv alternative of it held zero and tracked decently. Its a 30mm tube and I actually prefer capped turrets for hunting so as long as they track when I do need to dial it'd work well for my needs.

I had offered to send one in, didn't hear back.

4 of them without issues related to holding zero for me. One took on moisture and was replaced.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
The Element Helix 4-16 would be nice if it could pass
Reticle is not as good as the Maven (to much fine dont need 10 mils of windage marks it would be much better with say 5 mils and and 5-8 for elevation atleast in the clean version) if it passes drop evals i will try get Roksliders onto emailing them about fixing the reticle or atleast adding a hunting type ffp reticle. Oh and the spec sheets vary from 23.8 oz to 26. Its is actually 26ozs.

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Reticle is not as good as the Maven (to much fine dont need 10 mils of windage marks it would be much better with say 5 mils and and 5-8 for elevation atleast in the clean version) if it passes drop evals i will try get Roksliders onto emailing them about fixing the reticle or atleast adding a hunting type ffp reticle. Oh and the spec sheets vary from 23.8 oz to 26. Its is actually 26ozs.
Much different price point from the Maven as well

Macintosh

WKR
For sure there is a lot of interest in lighter-weight, capped turret, 2fp "set it and forget it" scopes that hold zero--the benchmark scopes that everyone compares everything else to (vx3 2.5-8, 3.5-10, 2-10 and similar) are all mainly used that way, even if this is a long range forum on a western hunting forum. The trijicon credo 3-9 seems to be the best option "officially" eval'ed, but it sufferes from that throw lever that needs to be hacksawed off for it to function on most bolt-action rifles--if you arent prepared to do so it's kind of a showstopper problem, and there are some legit complaints on the duplex reticle being too fine for some folks as well. A number of people have asked about the Huron 3-9 and 2.5-10...the 2.5-10 could be good except I dont care for the BDC reticles, but that 3-9 could be a great option for folks if it holds up as well as the credo. Also plenty of interest in the accupoints, I recall specific interest in the 1-6x24, the 3-9 and the 2.5-12.5, all of which are also available in a mildot rticle. Seems there's interest there.

JGRaider

WKR
Nope, I want to know that my aiming device will still work as an aiming device if it gets bumped. My binoculars are not an aiming device. They don't have the ability to lose zero.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I like knowing my binoculars aren't out of collimation, etc so I can find something to shoot at. Your mileage obviously varies, unless you've mastered the art of glassing for game through your "aiming device".

atmat

WKR
I like knowing my binoculars aren't out of collimation, etc so I can find something to shoot at. Your mileage obviously varies, unless you've mastered the art of glassing for game through your "aiming device".
Set of questions for you to answer with simple yes/no, and without diatribes:
  • Can you tell when your binos are out of collimation by looking through them?
  • Can you tell when a scope has lost zero by looking through it?

Another set:
  • Can you still hunt (albeit at a disadvantage) with non-functioning binos?
  • Can you still hunt with a non-functioning scope?

My point is this: no one is arguing binos shouldn’t be built to last in the field. But they are not remotely as essential as an aiming device, and easier to tell when broken.

JGRaider

WKR
Set of questions for you to answer with simple yes/no, and without diatribes:
  • Can you tell when your binos are out of collimation by looking through them?
  • Can you tell when a scope has lost zero by looking through it?

Another set:
  • Can you still hunt (albeit at a disadvantage) with non-functioning binos?
  • Can you still hunt with a non-functioning scope?

My point is this: no one is arguing binos shouldn’t be built to last in the field. But they are not remotely as essential as an aiming device, and easier to tell when broken.
I started off this bino drop test as a tongue in cheek comment, as I find intentionally dropping and bashing your hunting optics to see how tough they are as, well, "questionable", but you already knew that.

I started off this bino drop test as a tongue in cheek comment, as I find intentionally dropping and bashing your hunting optics to see how tough they are as, well, "questionable", but you already knew that.
I mean, I for one will admit I'm not part mountain goat and have lost my footing before, I think the simulated fall tests done are insightful for that criteria if you choose to set it for your equipment