Reuse ring screws, and rings for that matter?

I typically just mount a scope and that's it for the life of the rifle. I'm upgrading the scope on my wife's rifle for the second time and I'm curious how the screws handle being re-torqued and all that. Wondering if yall replace the screws if reusing rings or just roll with the originals? The first time I replaced her scope we changed tube diameter so that required new rings, this time I can reuse the old set. Same question for bases, since we're talking about Talley lightweights. I guess it would be a good time to upgrade her to a rail system but trying to keep the weight down.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I just reuse the whole thing.

The torque specs should be well below the yield strength of the screws and if the rings are aluminum I would expect the aluminum threads to fail before the screws started to yield.

TaperPin

WKR
I typically just mount a scope and that's it for the life of the rifle. I'm upgrading the scope on my wife's rifle for the second time and I'm curious how the screws handle being re-torqued and all that. Wondering if yall replace the screws if reusing rings or just roll with the originals? The first time I replaced her scope we changed tube diameter so that required new rings, this time I can reuse the old set. Same question for bases, since we're talking about Talley lightweights. I guess it would be a good time to upgrade her to a rail system but trying to keep the weight down.
Good quality screws hold up well. Today, cheap screws pop up everywhere. Even new replacement screws may be worse steel than the old ones, so I tend to use what I have and only replace them if the heads seem extra soft, or the threads are wonky.