Reticle Movement when Shooting

All shots prone with bipod (have also tried off backpack prone and similar results) and suppressed. Right hand shooter. Can usually shoot 10 shots groups 1-1.5” at 100 yards

6.5 tikka, factory stock. With 147s, reticle will move up 2-3 mils and left 3-4 mils

22-250 tikka, factory stock. With 75s, reticle will move up a minimal amount, but left 3 mills. Some times I’ll only get 1 mill of movement (that is where I’d like to be 90%+ of the time, currently 10% ish)

I’ve been working on getting really square behind the rifle, so much so that it’s a bit uncomfortable lol. Any other suggestions, tips or tricks to better spot impacts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
This is not an unrealistic result for factory Tikka stock and 6.5s shooting 147s in what I’ve seen from the vast majority of shooters. Probably a touch more than “ideal” for front bipod and prone but not terrible.

How “zoomed in” are you when normally shooting paper at 100 yards?

Go shoot from the same position and instead of a “target” shoot an 8” square or circle. Don’t “zoom in” more than 6-8 power. If you can easily spot your shot and easily keep the 8” target in your sight picture for an immediate back to center and shoot again, you are more than fine for hunting.

Next, ditch the bipod and practice it from various field positions.

OP
T
This is not an unrealistic result for factory Tikka stock and 6.5s shooting 147s in what I’ve seen from the vast majority of shooters. Probably a touch more than “ideal” for front bipod and prone but not terrible.

How “zoomed in” are you when normally shooting paper at 100 yards?

Go shoot from the same position and instead of a “target” shoot an 8” square or circle. Don’t “zoom in” more than 6-8 power. If you can easily spot your shot and easily keep the 8” target in your sight picture for an immediate back to center and shoot again, you are more than fine for hunting.

Next, ditch the bipod and practice it from various field positions.

Zoomed in at 100 usually 10x or so. Usually shoot the same zoom (fixed 10SWFA, Maven RS1.2) at 400-800 yards. I can spot the impacts/dirt slash beyond 400 yards, but just barely with how the reticle is currently to moving.

Reticle stops to the left, doesn’t return to target until I move it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk