Replacing Lowa Camino GTX w/ Schnee - Fit ?’s

RDT415

FNG
My Lowas are due for replacement and I’ve been looking at the Schnee Missions and Beartooth mid. I have a 8.5 regular width in the Lowa Camino GTX and put plenty of miles on them with no issue. However feel I could probably go up to a 9 as thicker socks in the 8.5 are snug, but with the risk of heel slip. I’d fit a 8.75 perfect, ha.

Hoping someone who has some experience with both can help with comparing fit. I’ve heard/read the Schnee boots fit to size as well as recommendations to go up a size when in between. Appreciate any feedback you all may have. Thanks!

EDIT: I ordered 8.5s (same size as my Lowas) in the Schnee Missions. Will report back in case someone has the same fit question in the future.

Last edited:

SwankB22

FNG
Just ordered Lowa Camino EVO GTX. I know this isn’t quite related to your thread but you said you didn’t have any issues with them. So are they a boot you recommend. With being from a flat area with little to no hunting stores in the area that carry “western hunting boot” I have to order and them try them out.

Thanks in advanced

OP
R

RDT415

FNG
Just ordered Lowa Camino EVO GTX. I know this isn’t quite related to your thread but you said you didn’t have any issues with them. So are they a boot you recommend. With being from a flat area with little to no hunting stores in the area that carry “western hunting boot” I have to order and them try them out.

Thanks in advanced

I got a ton of miles out of the Camino GTX. Great boots, definitely would recommend them. I used Nikwax to freshen them up each year and the uppers have held up great. One of the soles started to tear off the boot after 4-5 years, otherwise I would have kept them another season. Local shop didn't have my size in the Camino Evo GTX so was going to have to order them anyways so figured I’d try the Schnees out since they were on sale.

The Schnee missions fit very similar size wise to the Lowas for what it’s worth for anyone curious.

I just received a pair of the Camino gtx evos. I haven’t taken them on a hike yet but my initial impressions are very good. The boot seems super sturdy, the lacing system is really nice, and they actually have room in the toe box unlike hanwags. Depending on how these wear in and do on steep hikes/side hilling, it could wind up being my end all boot. Fingers crossed