REMINDER: REI member 20% off sale ends 4/7/13

unm1136

WKR
I try not to put my money into left leaning businesses if I can. rei is defiantly left of center and I can get the products elsewhere so I do. its a personal choice and one that is not always possible to make. but with rei it is so I do.

I used to be in this boat, and I used to mention to all the employees about how I was a hunter, basically daring them to turn the issue into something. I have to say I have shopped at three REIs in three states, and have been given a lot more respect than I have given to the staff. I feel kinda bad now, and give them my business for the local impact. Some of the things they have that I want I can't get elsewhere locally. The 20% coupons, and rebate/dividend really make it hard to say no. I would likely shop there a good bit more and be willing to pay their everyday prices if their corporate philosophy were closer to mine. I have to say that the closeout prices, annual dividend and 2-3 20% off coupons a year keep me coming back. I would however, stop shopping there if my conservationism were ever questioned because I hunt and fish.

pat