Reloading room

Deeman92

FNG
Classified Approved
New house is about done from an house fire 2 years ago and I’m looking for reloading room ideas. The boss let me have a “Hunting Room.” It is about 10’x13’. Since everything from safe, to reloading, closet for clothes and boots, and optics is going in there, curious to what people are using for storage to maximize space, cubbies, shelves, benches, peg board for small items? Buy a kit somewhere? Use kitchen cabinets and countertop, or sturdy lumber built bench?

Any idea or picture of your ideal room if you had to start over, is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Dylan

Vaultman

WKR
I wish I would have made my bench shallower. The press is on the front edge of the table or bench, that I now wonder "why did I make it so deep?". The only depth needed (for me) is to set my chargemaster on, or push in a chair. I would probably do cupboard doors on the left/right side of my chair, and then a cupboard door up to the ceiling (our however far I could reasonably reach) above the bench. If I needed ANY more benchtop space I would make it wider (left/right) as opposed to deeper.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
In general in my basement there are numerous heavy duty shelving racks along the walls. But I'm overhauling my project area in the basement right now (still sorting and putting things away a bit), for my gear storage/reloading stuff I put one of those heavy duty shelving racks (6' long, 6ish' tall, 4 shelves) protruding out like a peninsula. I put a 42" x 72" table top at 4X" of height on one set of the shelving beams, something that felt good to stand and work a press. I have two shelves below that can fit totes on and one above. So I get 3 rows of storage shelving and and a 42" wide x 72" long table top that hangs over 9" each side of the rack and the work surface and lower two shelves are accessible from either side. I intend to anchor it to the wall for extra stability when working a press, work in progress still.

9GTxKzXl.jpg