Recommendations for backpacking pillow

Shraggs

WKR
Found something new I’m trying from REI called the Rumpl stuffable fleece pillow case. It’s 4.2 oz vs my blow up at 2.4 but hate that. It’s about 12” l by 8” wide with zippered end you stuff. Used my halstead fleece and extra socks and it felt real nice. May just cut a stuff sack and put extra clothes in this.

FYI

I picked up a klymit pillow x on sale. super small and light. I have tested it on the living room floor but no nights on it yet. Sorry, not much of a review, but I always have just used my pack or some rolled up clothes before. It felt good and the x keeps your head on it.

Ryno478

FNG
I prefer my thermarest compressible as well. It’s definitely my go-to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Goosefeet Gear down pillow that I purchased through Titanium Goat. It’s pretty small but has a sleeve that you can stuff other clothes into to beef it up.
I’ve looked at this option quite a bit, and might just have to give it a try. I have a My Pillow, but for the added wt., I can’t say that it’s worth it, if fact I was pretty disappointed with it after all the positive stuff I’ve read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Klymit X-pillow but I sleep on my back, it cradles the back of your head nicely...it would not be very ideal if you're a side sleeper though.

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I also love the My Pillow travel pillow, but I only take it car camping.

For backpacking, I use the Klymit X Pillow. I love the idea of a stuff sack with clothes, but I don’t usually have enough extra stuff to put in it. When I’m in my hammock, I use the Klymit, partially inflated. When on the ground, I use the Klymit with my sit pad (a section of Z Rest) folded underneath for extra lift. When I can spare it, I put a piece of clothing around it for more comfort.

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Coccon Hyperlight Pillow, 2.3oz. It is inflatable with stuffing around the bladder. It doesn't feel at plastic like many others do. I am an "active" sleeper like yourself and this has proven to be the best pillow for me. In fact I sleep more on my side and stomach and the pillow has never failed me. And it is so small I just stuff it in with my sleeping bag. Amazing luxury item!

OP

7JK

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Goosefeet Gear down pillow that I purchased through Titanium Goat. It’s pretty small but has a sleeve that you can stuff other clothes into to beef it up. It’s the best option I have tried, but I’ve only tried an inflatable (skates away to easily unless you have a mummy bag) and a stuff sack with clothes (I still do this two for a second pillow).
I just wanted to let you know I took your advice and went with that pillow (medium) and it was perfect! Just wanted to thank you and for what it’s worth, the guy at Goosefeet Gear had great customer service and had that pillow made and shipped same day! I would highly recommend them to anyone in the market.

Poser

WKR
I just wanted to let you know I took your advice and went with that pillow (medium) and it was perfect! Just wanted to thank you and for what it’s worth, the guy at Goosefeet Gear had great customer service and had that pillow made and shipped same day! I would highly recommend them to anyone in the market.

Glad it worked out for you.

Paulyester

Lil-Rokslider
I love the Sea to Summit Aeros. I have about 4 backpacking pillows and this one is my favorite

I use one of two depending on my hunt.

If it is truly backpacking and space/weight is limited, I bring my Sea to Summit Aeros. It is comfortable. However, there are times that it seems to shoot out from my sleeping bag.

If I am not having to pack everything in on my back, then I bring a small memory foam pillow. Not sure where my wife found it, but it is very comfortable and light. The size is its drawback (still a fraction of the size of a regular pillow). No issues with it shooting out from my sleeping bag.

Marble

WKR
I just stuff my extras clothes in my puffy, or just the sleeve and call it good. Sometimes I'll pull my pack next to me and use it like a body pillow.