Recommendations for backpacking pillow

4ester

WKR
I try to use what I already have. Stuff my puffy into large Kifaru ultralight pullout, wrap that in a wool shirt and tie the arms to keep it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try to use what I already have. Stuff my puffy into large Kifaru ultralight pullout, wrap that in a wool shirt and tie the arms to keep it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve only tried it at home, but I think this is what is going to work best for me. The XL ultralight pullout stuffed with my down jacket and a light weight fleece makes a perfect sized pillow. Plus it’s items I’ll already have with me being put to use vs a dedicated pillow.

tdot

WKR
Moved away from Kifaru pullout awhile ago as I went to all waterproof stuff sacs. But before that, I was using a stuffed XL pullout, it was awesome. Just a bit cold sometimes... wrapping it with a shirt is a great idea.

Switched out to the biggest HMG stuff sac pillow. It's awesome, much more comfortable in the cold, but it is definitely abit more crinkly then the Kifaru. I think the fleece lining added something like 15grams to the equivalent stuff sac that I had my down in. Easy math.

Clayniss

FNG
Used a klymit last year which has its pros and cons. Pros are that it's lightweight and small. Cons are that it's uncomfortable and not the most durable imo. It was cheap though so can't complain too much

Trial153

WKR
Nemo Filo, the deluxe one. I take my kifaru string stuff pack and fill it with cloths, then I take the Filo and put it between the strings and sack and tighten it down so it doesn’t slide. At that point I have enough support to sleep okay.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here are the best backpacking pillows:
  • Therm-a-Rest Trekker Pillow Case.
  • Cocoon Hyperlight Air-Core Pillow.
  • Sea to Summit Aeros Pillow Ultra Light.
  • Sea to Summit Aeros Pillow Premium.
  • Trekology Pillow.
  • Exped Air Pillow UL.
  • Exped Air Pillow.
  • Klymit Pillow X.
  • Cow squishmallow
cow squishmallow?