Recommendations for Airline Ammo Case

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
Ammunition must be packed in a separate, secure and strong container made of plastic, wood or metal. The original fibreboard carton can also be used but it is recommended that the carton be placed in a secondary package such as a re-sealable plastic container. To avoid shock movement, the properly packed ammunition must then be placed inside a suitcase and cushioned with clothing

The way I read the rules was gun in locked case (pelican) ammo in a seperate hard case in your checked luggage. I did not read where the ammo has to be locked too. The above is cut a pasted from Air Canada site.
The way you read is exactly what I just posted above that I do. Locked gun in case and separate checked bag with my ammo in the original box with my clothes (non locked case).

OP
VTHunter08
The way you read is exactly what I just posted above that I do. Locked gun in case and separate checked bag with my ammo in the original box with my clothes (non locked case).
so you just threw the ammo in your checked duffle bag (or similar bag) and Air Canada had no issue with it? I went ahead and bought the hard pelican case just to be safe. Would rather have it and find out it's not needed than vice versa.

When flying in the United States, I put my rifle ammunition in my checked luggage, separate from my rifle. Simple.

kybuck1

Lil-Rokslider
so you just threw the ammo in your checked duffle bag (or similar bag) and Air Canada had no issue with it? I went ahead and bought the hard pelican case just to be safe. Would rather have it and find out it's not needed than vice versa.
Yep....recommended is the key word in the air canada quote above. Border patrol was also fine with it. If only in the US gun and ammo can be locked in the same box.

The ones i got from unknown munitions with the cnc metal pieces on the foam are awesome

Attachments

• 16911134972067290515522168209104.jpg
    16911134972067290515522168209104.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 6