recommendations for a packable bag for someone 6'7

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I'm headed to alaska in september with a buddy and he's having a hard time finding a good bag to bring. He's 6"7 with broad shoulders. can you all throw out some suggestions. unlike me, he's not worried about the price tag. ha

I have several of the tall bags at 6’5” with broad shoulders and the only one that seemed super comfortable was the Klymit hybrid KSB 0 degree XL. It was huge. I could have been 7ft tall and fit. Length wise all the 6’6” bags are maxed out with me.

Last edited:

bascott1

WKR
At 6’6” I use a WM antelope. It’s tight in the shoulders but that puppy is WARM!!!!

Another vote for WM. I’m 6’5” with broad shoulders and have plenty of room in my ponderosa bag.

Ztm91

FNG
Not sure if he’s looking for down or synthetic (or is open to a quilt) but I am 6’4 and have a long/wide Katabatic quilt that is plenty large enough for me. Very warm, my last trip had nights in the 20s and 30s and even in just my pants and base top I was hot during the night sometimes.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
im a midget at 6,5 as well and mountain hardwear lamina had keep me warm for a while and i have broad shoulders too ... they are offering a new version extra long that might wrk for you friend.

that synthetic sleeping bag worked great on fly outs, river trip and road camping trips over here.

i do love down but no taking the risks in the summer and fall. in the winter they works great for sure.

kopmantrey

Lil-Rokslider
I'm 6'7" 240 and use a stone glacier 0°. My dad is the same height and uses a WM badger.