Recommendation for work on a wood stock

Gutshotem

WKR
Anyone have a recommendation on someone who can refinish a wood stock? Rifle is a mid 90's 700 bdl if that matters. Not exactly sure what direction I want to go with it but I'm sure I want the factory gloss finish gone. It's fairly well used and has its fair share of bumps and one nice sized gouge. I consider most of them memories so I'm not really worried about having everything "fixed", more concerned about having it stripped and some other finish applied.

If you have someone you've used, I'd appreciate the info.

SDHNTR

WKR
DIY. Citrustrip and and rub in the Tru Oil. Pretty easy. Tape off the checkering if you have to sand.

OP
Gutshotem

Gutshotem

WKR
I refinished the stock on one of my flintlocks a few years back. Seemed like it took forever between citristriping, ironing out the dings, multiple coats, sanding, tackle cloth etc. I'm thinking I'd rather just box this one up and ship it out. I don't want to screw up the checkering or forend tip either.

Macintosh

WKR
Any smith that does any woodwork can do this easy, i’d bet $$ there is someone local to you who can do a good job. Strip, refinish and re-cut the checkering is what Id do. Most of the good woodwork folks I know of probably wont take just a refinish.