Recommendation for hearing protection?

WoodBow

WKR
I am looking for some hearing protection for an upcoming bird hunt.

Requirements:

1. Custom moldable. Generic ones will not stay in my ears

2. Ability to hear as normally as possible

I do not want muffs. I do not want low DB audio to be electronic. I would also like to not spend a ton of money but am willing to pay more for a product that does not suck.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
I wear hearing aids and my shooting muffs produce cleaner sound.

You can ho to hearing aid place and get custom made sound reducers.

ODB

WKR
I am looking for some hearing protection for an upcoming bird hunt.

Requirements:

1. Custom moldable. Generic ones will not stay in my ears

2. Ability to hear as normally as possible

I do not want muffs. I do not want low DB audio to be electronic. I would also like to not spend a ton of money but am willing to pay more for a product that does not suck.

I have been looking at oto pro and would love to hear personal experience with the passive style

fatbacks

WKR
I have sound gear phantoms. They are pretty awesome for bird hunting.

I went through a local audiologist and they billed health insurance. Insurance paid for the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
A guy on snipershide was selling a bunch of peltor in ear for $100 a set new. They're awesome and I can actually hear BETTER wearing them and yet still shoot from inside our enclosed shoot house with braked rifles.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I have been looking at oto pro and would love to hear personal experience with the passive style

The lady that owns Otopro worked at the same ENT/Audiology dept at the hospital with my wife. She is based out of Mississippi and they are very popular here among the hunting and shooting community. Lots of people rave about them. Also, Grace is a good person, per my wife. I am getting a set when I slow down enough to get fitted. I used to never wear hearing protection and at 41 I am paying for it now. I am doing everything I can to save what's not damaged now.

Samson7x

WKR
Westone defendear passive is a good choice for customs without electronics. Cost will be $250ish.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
The lady that owns Otopro worked at the same ENT/Audiology dept at the hospital with my wife. She is based out of Mississippi and they are very popular here among the hunting and shooting community. Lots of people rave about them. Also, Grace is a good person, per my wife. I am getting a set when I slow down enough to get fitted. I used to never wear hearing protection and at 41 I am paying for it now. I am doing everything I can to save what's not damaged now.
What does the process for getting them look like? I have heard her on meateater podcast before. Just make an appointment and get fitted? Do they take insurance? Cost?

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
I have sound gear phantoms. They are pretty awesome for bird hunting.

I went through a local audiologist and they billed health insurance. Insurance paid for the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you need any kind of a referral or did you just call and make an appointment?

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
What does the process for getting them look like? I have heard her on meateater podcast before. Just make an appointment and get fitted? Do they take insurance? Cost?

I'm not sure about insurance. Go to their website and I think it walks you through the process. I want to say they team up with other audiology/ENT clinics for the fitting and forms. Costs vary by what all you get. I want to say all of that is on their website as well. I have a few friends that have them and love them. One wing shoots all over the world almost all year long.