Recommend pants with knees pads

madcalfe

WKR
im just running some helly hanson ones from a work wear store ive also put a little stich in the middle to close up the knee pad pocket after install

tracker12

WKR
I had the Timberline and could never get comfortable with the kneepads. The velcro always rubbed and scratched. I gave them away.

The p12 ones are what I use in the fjallravens. Pretty inexpensive and they work great
That's exactly what I was looking at -- do they stay in place pretty well and breath decent?

Kuiu and First Lite knee pads make my knees sweat like hell.

bombhunter

Lil-Rokslider
That's exactly what I was looking at -- do they stay in place pretty well and breath decent?

Kuiu and First Lite knee pads make my knees sweat like hell.
Yes they stay in place well. The length and locations of the hip zips help with sweating, but any knee pads have made my knees sweat as well. Compared to my kuius with pads they are much better.

Edited to add that the p12 pads can be cut out in the small triangle sections for more airflow

Last edited:

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Arcteryx makes good quality kneepads that go over pants as well, so you're not restricted to any specific pair of pants.

Sitka Intercept pant. large hip vents to dump heat and the nylon/poly/merino wool blend breathes extremely well. Very adaptable pant from early season to mid season.

croben

WKR
Stone Glacier De Havilland Lite are my favorite pant with knee pads. The long side zips are awesome for hot weather.