Rechargeable CR123

crich

WKR
Bought a Zero Pump on an impulse buy and discovered this little gem inside. It's a rechargeable cr123 where the cord plugs into the battery. Not sure about battery life compared to a surefire or other brand but it's pretty neat nonetheless. 12.99 a pop for just the battery. Pricey but might break even at some point 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240527_100316_Chrome.jpg20240527_100154.jpg

OP
crich

crich

WKR
How is the Zero pump working for ya. Iv read it has some trouble filling the pad completely full.
Haven't tried it out yet. I plan to one day this week so I can send it back if needed. Admittedly, upon initial impression the air pressure is not very strong.

ozyclint

WKR
I looked into switching to rechargeable CR123 for my Fenix HL50 head torch but decided to just stick with single use.
Be careful. Those rechargeable CR123's are 3.7v. The single use CR123's are 3.0v.

The extra voltage may harm sensitive electronics.

The capacity of the rechargeable's is poor anyway. Even the nitecore 950mAh in the link above is only 3.515Wh.

The energizer single use CR123 is 3V 1500mAh which is 4.5Wh

Last edited:
OP
crich

crich

WKR
I hope it works, I ordered one last week.
Used it to fill a few pads last night. It's slow as expected but did the job.

It filled a BA Rapide SL aaallllmost completely. For a side sleeper two or three breaths would firm it up.

It filled my exped downmat completely so I think the expanding foam inside helped. I could use an inflation bag or blow to firm it up more but don't feel it was necessary.

Conclusion is for a very negligible weight penalty I can hook it up and fill my pad 95% while I do other things. In hindsight the x2 at a couple ounces heavier might be a better option depending on priorities.

The voltage on these will not be compatible with surefire. I use the K2 energy lfp123a and they work fine, this is also the oem for surefire branded rechargeable cr123’s