Reasonably Priced Used SUV

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
2005-2015 Nissan Xterra 4x4 with. Factory rear locker.
I love my 09’
It’s a mountain goat, has a decent aftermarket, and excellent online community.
I can sleeP in the back of it too.

edit
It’s also something I don’t mind beating the crap out of. It still looks nice, but the desert pin stripes don’t faze me at all because that’s what it’s made for.

Last edited:

Titan_Bow

WKR
2005-2015 Nissan Xterra 4x4 with. Factory rear locker.
I love my 09’
It’s a mountain goat, has a decent aftermarket, and excellent online community.
I can sleeP in the back of it too.

edit
It’s also something I don’t mind beating the crap out of. It still looks nice, but the desert pin stripes don’t faze me at all because that’s what it’s made for.

Had a 2012 Xterra Pro-4x and loved it. I had put over 160k miles on it and felt like it was just getting broken in. I hit a deer with it in November and they totaled it. When I went to look for a replacement for it, I couldn’t really find a nice lower mileage one at a price I really wanted to pay. I really loved that rig though, it would go anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JJJ

JJJ

Lil-Rokslider
Had a 2012 Xterra Pro-4x and loved it. I had put over 160k miles on it and felt like it was just getting broken in. I hit a deer with it in November and they totaled it. When I went to look for a replacement for it, I couldn’t really find a nice lower mileage one at a price I really wanted to pay. I really loved that rig though, it would go anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s too bad. Mines at 150k now and I’m crossing my fingers for 300k.
I am dreading owning anything remotely newer than about 2014

'98 Forester, it has 238,000 miles and still going strong. I love my Forester and she is great in the winter up in the mountains where I live. I feel sometimes like I should get another subbie or truck but with prices how they are I will stick with what I have.
I ride a KLR650 too so I guess I just like reliable vehicles...slow maybe...but reliable.

AZ8

WKR
So we keep hearing chip shortage. Which chip?

Main ECM? HVAC? Lighting? Entertainment?......

I was in the market for a new to me truck. 2017-2019 version. Before the craziness, I was pricing them at the $34K-37K range. That same truck is now pushing $60K!! F that! I can wait! Lol

WRM

WKR
Basically all is my understanding. China makes (as in, final assembles) virtually everything--we don't. Any one chip base system is going to result in an incomplete vehicle. Pretty much stinks.

I heard a report that the OR Broncos which were to have been delivering now may not be seen until late 2022/early 2023. Who knows???

I just watched a news report on this issue. For vehicles, problem is that last year in March/April, when demand dropped sharply due to covid, the mfrs put out their demand forecasts. That forecast was "decreased demand", so stop building stuff for us. Everyone in the supply chain then directed their focus to other areas. Even though demand for vehicles switched back on pretty quickly, the important "guts" needed to make them work were now "out of production". We'll be paying for that forecast for a while.

Apple spends far more on chips than the entire auto industry. Who do you thing mfrs are going to cater to when "the chips are down"?

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ8

tdhanses

WKR
So we keep hearing chip shortage. Which chip?

Main ECM? HVAC? Lighting? Entertainment?......

I was in the market for a new to me truck. 2017-2019 version. Before the craziness, I was pricing them at the $34K-37K range. That same truck is now pushing $60K!! F that! I can wait! Lol
Doubt we see prices drop for a few years.