Real ID/Enhanced drivers license

OP
F
Wisconsin does not require a real ID drivers license, it is optional. If you want to fly you can get a passport. Oregon is the same way you can get a real ID drivers license or not.
I believe that it will be required in 2025, and it will be needed to fly domestically. Unless you use your passport.

OP
F
I say this with all respect, but it’s been well established for several centuries that the states do not have the power to regulate interstate commerce. It’s actually the opposite: the feds hold the power to regulate interstate travel. Called the dormant commerce clause. Not saying the patriot act isn’t flawed, just noting that you’ll have to rethink your bases for criticizing it…
I will have to concede that I was wrong about states having the power to control travel into their territories.

But, in reading more, I can not find anything that says the Federal Gov can make you have a specially marked ID to travel domestically. Other than what the Patriot Act is wanting to do.

P Carter

WKR
I will have to concede that I was wrong about states having the power to control travel into their territories.

But, in reading more, I can not find anything that says the Federal Gov can make you have a specially marked ID to travel domestically. Other than what the Patriot Act is wanting to do.
The Patriot act is the law. So…nothing says the feds can do it except the law that says the feds can do it? I think you have to make the argument that the law is bad, not that the feds don’t have the power to make the law. The feds pretty clearly have the power to set standards for what federal agencies can accept as a valid form of ID.

All levels of government have the power to pass bad laws…

The Patriot act is the law. So…nothing says the feds can do it except the law that says the feds can do it? I think you have to make the argument that the law is bad, not that the feds don’t have the power to make the law. The feds pretty clearly have the power to set standards for what federal agencies can accept as a valid form of ID.

All levels of government have the power to pass bad laws…
The problem (and not pointing at you) is that we allow .fed to do so.

Think of any other mode of transportation. You can buy it, fiddle fart with it all you want, but you don't have a say when it comes to uses.

Patriot act is a bad law passed at a bad time we "allowed" for safety.

The star of David is one more bad piece of legislation. You have to prove you are a legal citizen of this country, for something most have already done once.

Which is why I won't get it. I did it once. Why do I have to prove who I am while the administration, past and present, allows amnesty? Why does a born citizen have to prove twice, they are a citizen?

Ultimately, will not effect my airline travel as most is private as is, it's still asinine, and one more item to not comply with.

If you want my papers, uncle Sam can walk his indebted rump to the SS admin, recorders, draft service, whatever department and check for themselves...they don't have a problem elsewhere in life doing so...

On topic: I'm quite sure the first deadline was during covid?, I fail to see what this solves, and fail to see why it needs implemented, as it was easily delayed.

My $0.03, don't get it, f em.

(From the viewpoint of a man who loves to get audited, which yall should love too)

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Trackerbacker it wouldn’t be my first time living under a rock but what is the connection between this ID and the star of David?

@Trackerbacker it wouldn’t be my first time living under a rock but what is the connection between this ID and the star of David?
Other than looks, color, and something to tease people over (hey look, nice star of davidnyou ha e there)(seems you've been judan'd), nothing.

Screenshot_20230411_055809_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230411_055949_Chrome.jpg

But seriously, that's a pretty big rock you are under!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Other than looks, color, and something to tease people over (hey look, nice star of davidnyou ha e there)(seems you've been judan'd), nothing.

View attachment 541596View attachment 541597

But seriously, that's a pretty big rock you are under!
Except it's not a star of David, it is of course a 5 pointed star.

This thread has taken a weird side Track

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Except it's not a star of David, it is of course a 5 pointed star.

This thread has taken a weird side Track

You're taking it way to literal.

It's an ID, that requires a star to prove you are who you are (again for many).

If you can't make the connection of historical irony, that's on you.

This thread has definitely taken a weird turn. Would give it 5/6 points (get it?)(joke).

Edit: what do you think the final plan is for the realID?

I hope, come the deadline, there isn't t a blitzkrieg to get into the dot/dmv offices. The lines would be so long to get in. Like cattle getting of a train.

(Again-jokes-satire-irony-not taking things too serious)

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member

This thread has definitely taken a weird turn. Would give it 5/6 points (get it?)(joke).
I've read the sneetches by Dr Seuss
a7cbb33f20b6d5d1fec1eed48281cf99.jpg

I took my birth certificate from 1974 to the DMV, has my footprints stamped on it. Was told they won't accept any original documents and needed a copy from my birth county register. "Documents from the hospital are to easy to forge."

EdP

WKR
A "Certificate of Birth Registration" is what most of us had and were told was a birth certificate. It is not. It is a document given to parents by the hospital whereas a true Birth Certificate is a certified document issued by the county government. Lots of folks found that out when they applied for a passport. The rest are finding it out when they try to get a Real ID. If you don't have a real Birth Certificate it would be best not to wait but request one now from the county of your birth.

KHNC

WKR
Boarders-People who board horses , people or dogs

Borders- Things Illegals cross w/o documentation

real passports being issued by the federal government, digital currency replacing our monetary system

all of this after their covid plans were interrupted, they wanted a travel ID with the lockdowns but the entire thing got away from them. We know they intend to put in social credit scores linking your personal information, banking info and then the rations will start.

this faux government shouldn’t be allowed to reform they way garbage is collected, they are corrupt to the core and yet we are allowing them to form lines and start the frog march.
Same MO as always, they create a crisis with the actual plan being what they want to implement in place of the system/systems they purposely destroyed

Edit: what do you think the final plan is for the realID?

I hope, come the deadline, there isn't t a blitzkrieg to get into the dot/dmv offices. The lines would be so long to get in. Like cattle getting of a train.

(Again-jokes-satire-irony-not taking things too serious)
Yeah, America has never used star imagery...