Real elk hunting!

Hnthrdr

Well Known Rokslider
And so it begins! Looks like the potential Less tags for R more for NR……

NR will always have a place in CO, and money will always be the motivating factor

Saw that yesterday, already fired off a comment to the commission. We need 80/20 for all draw units, not 6 point or 10 point units that is silly and doesn’t help with jack. High point units should be 90/10. Don’t like it move to Co and live the “mountain lyfe” don’t forget your co state sticker, T-shirt, and mandatory Subaru;)

OP
C

Coveyleader

Well Known Rokslider
Like I mentioned a few posts up, I don’t expect much of anything other than more crowding.

stanginthe11s

Well Known Rokslider
lol yes, I will say I have seen more subies in colorado than anywhere else in the country.
I also drive an f250 crew cab 7.3 diesel full bed, but my outback is a little cheaper on fuel.

stanginthe11s

Well Known Rokslider
its not real elk hunting unless you toss an elk on a subie roof rack......... sorry, I had to lol

Jseag

What is real elk hunting? Well, my eyes have been opened, and it is NOT Colorado. I had a chance to hunt another state this year for the first time ever and lets just say, this next five year structure the CBA and other groups should be pushing hard for limits on elk/tag allocations.

The time has come for such groups to get vocal about the current situation occurring in OTC units in CO. Regardless if you kill elk, CO is not elk hunting in any way shape or form compared to what I experienced in a "non draw" unit.

As a resident of CO, I'm already trying to figure out how to hunt out of state next year.
I want to go real elk hunting - archery
What is real elk hunting? Well, my eyes have been opened, and it is NOT Colorado. I had a chance to hunt another state this year for the first time ever and lets just say, this next five year structure the CBA and other groups should be pushing hard for limits on elk/tag allocations.

The time has come for such groups to get vocal about the current situation occurring in OTC units in CO. Regardless if you kill elk, CO is not elk hunting in any way shape or form compared to what I experienced in a "non draw" unit.

As a resident of CO, I'm already trying to figure out how to hunt out of state next year.

OP
C

Coveyleader

Well Known Rokslider

Well, I wish you the best in finding that spot!I killed three elk this year, and consider one of the three a legitimate elk hunt. The other two, combat hunting.