Ready to do it, What do you guys think Bikini frame and Mountain Rambler pack??

4IDARCHER

WKR
After a few good years of service with my eberlestock packs I am ready to upgrade to a Kifaru. I am wanting a mostly day pack with the ability to expand to a couple of days if need be. I am 90% bow hunter but if the rifle bug bites me I really like the idea of a built in scabbard and think it would work for a tripod as well. I like the idea of the simplistic pack the rambler seems to be and the size seems right, what do you guys think?

Also with this pack and the built in scabbard how do you attach a bladder?
Anyone with any experience with the pack help me out?

thejones

WKR
I don't have any experience yet, but I have one on order. Mine will be going on a duplex frame. I think it will be an excellent pack for day use and multi night trips. Add a lid, a pod, or both and you will have plenty of room for multi nights. I think you will find the modularity, and different ways of mounting it to the frame, a big bonus for the differnt types of hunting you mentioned. You will be able to sandwich awkward loads between the pack and frame, and still have pack space to not unload the items you hiked in.
Good luck, and remember everything is a trade off, nothing is perfect, but find the best for you and keep using it.

My rambler should ship 2/17. Plan to put it on a bikini for a day pack w/the ability to blow up for extra gear, Treestand, or meat. Can't hardly wait!!!

No experience on the rambler. Im not crazy about it and dont care for the built in scabbard. But im about 2 years on a bikini now and its awesome. Had buyers remorse bad when I made the big expense plus Im not nuts for any of kifarus bags, so I was worried I made a bad choice... but I can say now that the bikini itself was well worth it and is better by far than anything else I have tried (badlands, eberlestock, MR, Kuiu). It packs awesome, durable/well built, great looking, versatile and is soooo light.

thejones

WKR
I like the idea behind the Kifaru scabbard. It is very light and tucks away when not being used. Plus an arrow box or other item could be carried in it.

Kotaman

WKR
IMO, if you plan to use the load sling on the Rambler you should go Duplex. Your load will "push through" the Bikini. This is one Kifaru pack that will work better with a Duplex. If you question my advice, call or PM Aron and get his advice. I'm a huge fan of the Bikini frame, but not with the Rambler.

Rizzy

WKR
I think mine ships the 17th too :)
It will be going on my Bikini frame initially, so we will see how it works out. I got this particular pack for dayhunts, training hikes, and maybe short early season hunts, otherwise I'm using my EMR2. I'm still scared of the weight gain with the duplex, especially with the EMR2.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
IMO, if you plan to use the load sling on the Rambler you should go Duplex. Your load will "push through" the Bikini. This is one Kifaru pack that will work better with a Duplex. If you question my advice, call or PM Aron and get his advice. I'm a huge fan of the Bikini frame, but not with the Rambler.

I think it depends on what you put in the load sling. A bone-in elk quarter will not poke through nor will meat in a bag such as a Kifaru hanging meat bag or large dry bag. Also it is very easy to add cross members to a bikini frame to stop most things from poking through while not adding much weight (an ounce or so).

I haven't had any problems with stuff poking through on my bikini frame and that was before I added some cross members.

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have the duplex, but I like my bikini. With either frame you buy it it will be the best money you've spent on a pack. It's a lot at first, but once you have the frame you can upgrade bags much easier, since there is always something new coming along. Re sale is always good on kifaru gear.

338edge

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered my rambler. Trying the bikini frame first. If I don't like it I'll buy a duplex. Either way I'm looking for a duplex frame in foliage, 26" stays, small waist belt. Let me know what you have.

Corey

Just ordered up a Rambler on a Bikini myself. I like the Eberlestock style rifle scabbard and the Kuiu/Exo style meat shelf. I've used packs with meat shelves quite a bit the last couple years and they are the cat's ass for sure. I have not used packs with the rifle scabbard a lot but I have been with guys for several years on sheep and elk hunts who loved their Eberlestocks for this reason. Should be a good set up as I've been a T3 fan for a while. PS I'm also gonna put a gunbearer on mine.