Rds on handguns

Dave0317

WKR
I grew up with irons and am more comfortable with them overall. But my work gun has a dot. Over the last year I’ve finally got to the point that I’m equally as fast with both, and accuracy at any distance past 15 yards is measurably better with the red dot.

I’d actually rather carry irons for most EDC/self defense purposes. But, to keep the muscle memory consistent from work to my off duty gun, I’ll eventually have a dot on both. I also live near what is one of (if not THE) highest rate city of carjacking and violent crime in the US. So my self defense scenario could be pretty different than someone living in a smaller town. Pushes me to say a G19 size gun and capacity is the minimum I would want, and a red dot and light just makes it that much more versatile and efficient.

Have a holosun 407k on my G19, won't go back. Just wish glock made the g26 MOS!

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

If you use an optic on your rifle, why not use one on your pistol. An advantage is an advantage, regardless of purpose.

Reactions: BLJ
Just mill it,better anyway.
I just got two back from Battlewerx and there perfect.
Yeah I will eventually, it's just taking the time and money to send it off. I have hears lots of good about battlewerx though

EcoastDG

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up with irons and am more comfortable with them overall. But my work gun has a dot. Over the last year I’ve finally got to the point that I’m equally as fast with both, and accuracy at any distance past 15 yards is measurably better with the red dot.

I’d actually rather carry irons for most EDC/self defense purposes. But, to keep the muscle memory consistent from work to my off duty gun, I’ll eventually have a dot on both. I also live near what is one of (if not THE) highest rate city of carjacking and violent crime in the US. So my self defense scenario could be pretty different than someone living in a smaller town. Pushes me to say a G19 size gun and capacity is the minimum I would want, and a red dot and light just makes it that much more versatile and efficient.
My experience is the same as yours. For me a G19 has been the go-to. I also have found that I am able to find the dot quicker with Eotech pistol red dot than with RMRs. Not sure why but that has been my experience.

Yeah I will eventually, it's just taking the time and money to send it off. I have hears lots of good about battlewerx though

I have used jagerwerks as well and theres was good but I was really impressed with the communication/customer service at Battlewerx.