RCBS Chargemaster Supreme issue?

I have a RCBS Chargemaster Supreme that is less than 6 months old. It calibrates just fine, tares/returns to zero fine, and repetitive dispensed powder weights double checked on a beam scale are good. Unit is turned on & warmed up per instructions each time. Unfortunately, after about 10 or so times of putting the empty pan back on the scale in Auto Fill mode it starts to progressively slow down until it seems to quit. It sounds like the drive motor is slowing down & quitting. If I stop, wait awhile, turn it back on & warm up, & restart the whole calibration, weight input, Auto Mode select, etc process then it’ll get going again but eventually do the same thing.

Anyone else experienced this with any of the Chargemaster series dispensers? I’m not likely patient enough to figure out a fix if there is one, so a call to the online vendor I bought it from & to RCBS is in order ASAP. Thanks.

Last edited:
Give it a gentle tap to make sure the powder hasn’t bridged up and is still flowing into the dropper tube. Happens to me every now and then with the same machine and bigger stick powders.

Powder baffel in the hopper may help, or if you can take the motor out and put a bit of 3 in one oil on the shaft, I had a vibrating R.C.B.S case cleaner that would not vibrate properly, attempted to contact R.C.B.S. multiple times with no response. Done what I mentioned it is working fine now, I am a R.C.B.S. fan and all my loading eqip. is from them that being said there help department sucks in my opinion.

OP
Go West Old Man
Powder baffel in the hopper may help,
I think I get what you mean. A baffle kind of like this one? This is in the hopper of a manual LockNLoad Powder Measure (have one but don’t use it). I guess it’s possible but I can’t imagine that in the Chargemaster stick powder or any powder could jam up the internal pickup tube at the bottom of the hopper such that the motor wouldn’t power on through it. However, I do like the baffle idea, and more so it’d be nice if RCBS had thought of this. 3FE27327-5712-4CE9-8905-F1217BCD7559.jpeg