Razco vs Kenai chest holster?

CoStick

WKR
I have the razco with FHF bino and also the gear chest pack. Works great on both. 9mm m&p sheild,,so compact.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. They both work fine, but I prefer the Kenai chest holster under my Marsupial bino harness with my G20. The razco worked fine, but I just felt it hung kind of low on my body under the FHF harness. For me I like that the Kenai holds my G20 higher on my chest. Also seems to hold it much tighter to my body when you have the bino harness over it.

BBob

WKR
NW Retention. Modified to only one buckle using tri-glides. I’m not a big guy and all the buckles would dig in to my rib cage so I got rid of all but the one and I used a more compact cobra buckle. It's now a bit more compact and sits flatter for use with a pack and or a binocular harness. Also has an adjustable retention screw and haven't had any issues there. Hoskins offers similar with their buckle delete. Hoskins uses smaller straps with smaller hardware on a portion of their version so it’d be more compact than mine.

Attachments

• 3C965739-65A5-4C49-8ED5-568CF07B2924.jpeg
    3C965739-65A5-4C49-8ED5-568CF07B2924.jpeg
    280.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
FWIW I’ve been very pleased with my Razco. I’m not home right now but I believe there is a tension screw that can be adjusted to increase the level 1 retention.

Those of you who had your pistols fall out possibly had this adjusted too loose, or never readjusted it once the holster started to break in?
Yes there is a retention screw that can be adjusted. Used this to adjust/secure my Tracker .357 last fall.

I like the idea of the Kenai since it isn't attached to the bino harness. When we skinned/gutted my elk last fall, we took off the harnesses/razcos since they were in the way. A guy could always just go with a traditional OWB holster too. I think with my FL suspenders holding my pants up, I may try this out before our trip this fall.

I use a Kenai with my G20 and FHF bino harness. After a lot of trial and error I prefer it slung low (below the bino harness where the bear spray holder would fit) instead of between my chest and the binoculars.

I like the idea of the Kenai since it isn't attached to the bino harness. When we skinned/gutted my elk last fall, we took off the harnesses/razcos since they were in the way. A guy could always just go with a traditional OWB holster too. I think with my FL suspenders holding my pants up, I may try this out before our trip this fall.
The Razco can come off the binos and be used independently. It’s a bit of a pain to do but I did it last fall after my elk was down.

The Razco can come off the binos and be used independently. It’s a bit of a pain to do but I did it last fall after my elk was down.
Roger that and for the guys with the AGC harness, they have a nice holster option as well that can mount to the straps on the side of the harness. I have one of these too, but it was a little clunky, wanting to tip forward. I adjusted the clips and couldn't get it perfect either.

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
NW Retention. Modified to only one buckle using tri-glides. I’m not a big guy and all the buckles would dig in to my rib cage so I got rid of all but the one and I used a more compact cobra buckle. It's now a bit more compact and sits flatter for use with a pack and or a binocular harness. Also has an adjustable retention screw and haven't had any issues there. Hoskins offers similar with their buckle delete. Hoskins uses smaller straps with smaller hardware on a portion of their version so it’d be more compact than mine.
How necessary did you feel the 1 buckle mod is worth it. Thinking about ordering a hoskings with 1 buckle, but I like that 3 .awesome it easier to change guns/ holsters

BBob

WKR
How necessary did you feel the 1 buckle mod is worth it.
For me this is the only way I’m using a chest holster all day long with a pack. Too uncomfortable for me having the buckles dig into my ribs for any length of time. For short periods it wasn’t too bad. For this use I don’t care about quickly swapping holsters as I’m fine with the one gun dedicated to it. If I did it again I’d save time and $$$ and order the Hoskins. I suggested to NW to offer this option. They replied and said they’d consider it in the future but they’re too busy selling everything they can make right now.

Sammymusi

WKR
I have both. They both work fine, but I prefer the Kenai chest holster under my Marsupial bino harness with my G20. The razco worked fine, but I just felt it hung kind of low on my body under the FHF harness. For me I like that the Kenai holds my G20 higher on my chest. Also seems to hold it much tighter to my body when you have the bino harness over it.
You have any pics ? I am running the marsupial harness and trying to figure out if I want to upgrade the marsupial holster that sits under for my g20. I was concerned about running the holster under the harness as I have my rangefinder on the same side I would be drawing if need be. How are all of the straps as well? I carry an Exo k3 while elk hunting so this would be the set up this season in Idaho.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have any pics, but I can take one when I get home tonight. Straps are just fine. This has been the best setup for me with my G20 that I've found & I feel like I've tried them all.

Sammymusi

WKR
Awesome thanks so much , looking forward to it. Any tips on using let me know and I’ll be sure to mess with mine when it comes in.( ya I impulse bought it)!

kthomas

FNG
You have any pics ? I am running the marsupial harness and trying to figure out if I want to upgrade the marsupial holster that sits under for my g20. I was concerned about running the holster under the harness as I have my rangefinder on the same side I would be drawing if need be. How are all of the straps as well? I carry an Exo k3 while elk hunting so this would be the set up this season in Idaho.

Here's my GFI Kenai holster behind my Marsupial bino harness:

PXL_20220902_210551409.jpg
PXL_20220902_210926069.jpg

kthomas

FNG
So would it difficult to have rangefinder on that right side ?

Yes, there isn't much real estate for anything else on that side.

You could configure your LRF to the other/left side, or underneath. I think it would be difficult to have on the right side.

Loper

WKR
Here's my GFI Kenai holster behind my Marsupial bino harness:

View attachment 721685
View attachment 721686

No offense, but it seems a little ridiculous (and appears uncomfortable) to have so many straps around the torso. Chest holster straps, bino harness straps, and then hunting pack straps. The bino harness and holster are both doing the same thing, securing an apparatus to the chest, seems like there could be some consolidation there, especially for mountain hunters where every ounce adds up. Do any bino harness companies make an integrated holster or way to carry the pistol behind the binos? I think Eberlestock makes one, but any others?

kthomas

FNG
No offense, but it seems a little ridiculous (and appears uncomfortable) to have so many straps around the torso. Chest holster straps, bino harness straps, and then hunting pack straps. The bino harness and holster are both doing the same thing, securing an apparatus to the chest, seems like there could be some consolidation there, especially for mountain hunters where every ounce adds up. Do any bino harness companies make an integrated holster or way to carry the pistol behind the binos? I think Eberlestock makes one, but any others?

No offense taken, you make a good point.

Someone else in this thread mentioned changing out a couple of the buckles for tri-glides, and I think that may be a worthwhile mod to pursue.

Personally I haven't found it to be uncomfortable, but also have pretty limited time with this setup. But I do see getting rid of some of the buckles to be a venture that's probably worth pursuing.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I did the Razco Romr setup with both the under harness mount and the separate chest holster only. It's very comfortable and I appreciate the strap to keep it tighter to the body. Ran with a g code xst holster. Not a huge fan as it sticks considerably out from the body. Wanted level 2 retention. I will be very happy when Safariland makes an als for the Gen 5 g20.
20240327_133655.jpg20240327_133754.jpg