Razco vs Kenai chest holster?

kthomas

FNG
Anyone tried one of these?

Appears to be a good behind the harness option. I’m tempted to try with my kuiu but not positive there’s enough real estate to get it out smoothly.

Are you referencing this product?

That looks like an interesting product

I decided awhile back two things.
I’m not getting in a bivy sack ever again unless an emergency and I’m not wearing a bino harness and all the bs with a pistol as well.
Way too much shit to be agile and move well.
It’s one or the other.

croben

WKR
I have both and prefer the Razco for hunting. Less straps overall than running the Kenai under my bino harness and it doesn’t interfere with my backpack waist belt. If I’m just hiking or working outside, I like the Kenai better as I don’t always want to wear my bino harness.

Loper

WKR
I just ordered one. I'll let you know how it works out.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yes please let us know. I may buy one as well. This looks like the perfect solution for not having so many different straps and buckles all around your body.

kthomas

FNG
Just pulled the trigger on the Savage Thread Works adapter as well. I was setting up to go hiking, and my GFI Gunfighter holster broke at the buckle attachment.

I think this adapter plate is a much better solution, kind of happy my Kenai chest holster forced me to get it 😂

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
I use a razco for my glock 20 with a light under a t and k Bino harness used it all last season and it worked well no retention issues but I set the tension with loctite when I bought it. I set my Bino harness up high and the holster and hip belt don’t pinch me but I could see it happening with a shorter frame or setting the Bino harness lower on your chest.

Mountneer

FNG
FWIW, the 2 chest harnesses I've bought from Diamond D (Alaska) are great quality. Not cheap, but to me they seem to just become part of your body & you don't notice the firearm weight.
But yeah, there is a choice has to be made if using a bino harness.

Grundy53

WKR
Yes please let us know. I may buy one as well. This looks like the perfect solution for not having so many different straps and buckles all around your body.
Sorry I haven't updated sooner. I've been pretty busy. I did finally find time to put it together. So far, I've just been wearing it around the house. But it feels good. It carries the weight of my G20 well. It's definitely nice not having the extra straps or having the holster hang below my bino harness.

Grundy53

WKR
Here is what it looks like.
6e0338bd15d372476de80d92ec72e173.jpg
564de8950e319cdd28081c89652c0b8c.jpg

Loper

WKR
Sorry I haven't updated sooner. I've been pretty busy. I did finally find time to put it together. So far, I've just been wearing it around the house. But it feels good. It carries the weight of my G20 well. It's definitely nice not having the extra straps or having the holster hang below my bino harness.

Thanks for the review. I’m going to get one of these.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Anyone try the savage with a Kuiu yet? Worry the straps are too close to actually draw.

Grundy53

WKR
What holster do you have for this ? Will the gunfighter work or would I have to buy something else ?
I used the one off of my Razco. I think pretty much any holster that has screw holes will work. The way the front of the savage threads is slotted it will fit just about any screw pattern.