Random Safety Question Opinion

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Yea if it’s as you say I don’t see a problem with it and it’s sure not the same as a unloaded gun imo I can see your not at full draw or even drawing your bow if you have a gun I have no idea if it’s loaded or not. Some folks wanna cry just to cry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
sndmn11.......posting the incident on an open forum asking for opinions, suggestions, and alternate points of view is the exact opposite of sweeping it under the rug, it's bigger than putting on a roadside billboard, it's asking for input from others, who although were not there, may have helpful comments and suggestions, and ideas, most did. My friend will not repeat his actions, while not physically unsafe, his actions made other participants uncomfortable, so he accepts the responsibility to do better in the future, again no rug, no sweeping. God Bless, and good luck with your archery endeavors.

You stated that safety is paramount, non-negotiable, and unsafe actors are removed from the line. You didn't remove him from the line and instead chose to sweep it under the rug, then came here looking to get folks to agree with you. Sounds like pillow talk and a rules for others but not yourself approach.

The fact that within stating your case you are compelled to lay out your career path exhibits that you know it was unsafe, but you want others to rally around having special views for your friend, vicariously through your irrelevant experience. Your experience and training should tell you that adherance to safety protocol is not a person by person case, it is for all, regardless of who they are, how overqualified they are, how big their ego is, etc.

If you weren't in a mindset of sweeping this under the rug, your question would be, "If you were the other guy what would you need to see and hear to understand me and my friend recognize the safety violation and will be safe for the rest of the course?" That should have been the response of a well-seasoned 29 year LE vet who recognized their time and place of authority has passed, but they still have people skills and empathy.

Last edited:

mod-it

Lil-Rokslider
Something like that wouldn't have bothered me a bit. I may have watched a little closer to make sure he didn't draw, because yes there are some morons out there, but pretty obvious what he was doing.
Good grief, everyone's just looking for something to be offended by these days. Acting out like that got you punched in the face not so long ago.