Rain gear advice please

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider
So that year (2016), I took both the Teton's and the Chugach and started off wearing the Teton's, and wore them for about 4-5 days while spiking out. They did very well with moderate rain, but around day 4 of the hunt a big storm rolled in and it rained/sleeted/snowed, and had gale force winds for 6 days almost non-stop. During that storm Kodiak saw it's largest rainfall ever recorded in a 24 hour period (over 6"), and needless to say, during that storm, all my rain gear eventually wetted out. I don't believe anything, short of rubber, wouldn't have wetted out under those conditions. So, all that said, I don't blame the gear for the failure that eventually occurred. Since that hunt, the Teton line has only been used once, by my son on a 10 day sheep hunt, a little over 2 years ago. We did experience some rain during that hunt, and the Teton's performed very well the entire time.

I have occasionally retreated the DWR by washing in Nixwax and then spraying with Nixwax after the wash.

Unfortunately, all of my breathable rain gear (3 sets of Chugach, and a set of Teton's and Yukon's), are all made overseas.

Mannsbuick

Lil-Rokslider
Gotcha! Out of the (3) KUIU sets of rain gear if you had to choose just one which would it be? Chugach, Tetons or the Yukon’s for Kodiak conditions? Thanks for sharing your experiences with this breathable type rain gear!

Gotcha! Out of the (3) KUIU sets of rain gear if you had to choose just one which would it be? Chugach, Tetons or the Yukon’s for Kodiak conditions? Thanks for sharing your experiences with this breathable type rain gear!

Most often the Chugach, but if I thought that I was going to be doing a lot bushwhacking (most often the case if going up from the salt), than the Yukon’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Sitka Thunderhead Pants & Jacket last modern rifle season for deer & elk and stayed bone dry. I’m in western Washington and thoroughly put it to the test. Prior to that I had the Under Armor Storm 3 system and after a full day of being in the elements the water would find its way in.