QuierKat 65% off

Jn78

WKR
I called qk and they definitively said it was legal in co. I called the cpw main number and the customer service person said she thought it was legal and she gave me the number of someone at Colorado trails who could tell me if it was legal in specific areas. I don't know what to make of it. The regs are pretty unclear. I wonder if qk just came up with the idea and called it legal and cpw doesn't even know qk's variable power is a thing.

Fowl Play

WKR
For reference. Ordered an Ibex, Friday 8:40pm eastern and still have not received shipping confirmation yet. But have received all the default “here’s what to do when your new bike arrives” emails etc. Not worried, but I’ll believe it when it gets here.

Been seeing some posts to elk hunting groups on Facebook with ads saying “Just got 4 brand new Quietkat Ibex’s available for rent. So some of us weren’t thinking big enough.

Fowl Play

WKR
@Fdh thanks for posting this by the way! But… I’ll also never forgive you for misspelling this thread title. I’ll never be able to get the fact I’m riding a “Queerkat” out of my head.

Hey for you guys that ordered a ibex and are concerned about if it’s legal being more than 750 watts I would gladly trade my pioneer 750 for your ibex 😂

Broomd

WKR
For reference. Ordered an Ibex, Friday 8:40pm eastern and still have not received shipping confirmation yet. But have received all the default “here’s what to do when your new bike arrives” emails etc. Not worried, but I’ll believe it when it gets here.

Same here re. the email received and time ordered. Things should work out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I cancelled my order when I discovered that all ebikes are banned on all non-motorized trails on NF where I do most of my hunting. And a buddy told me that he was told by NF that they were banned the same on a different NF area that he was hunting as well. So while they would have been pretty cool to have, I have no use for one outside of non-motorized trail use.

"E-bikes:

Under the Forest Service’s national Travel Management Rule (2005) (2008) and (2015) new regulation (2022) E-bikes are classified as self-propelled motor vehicles. Under this classification, E-bikes are allowed where the Travel Management Rule designation is:

• Roads Open to All Vehicles

• Trails Open to All Vehicles

• Trails Open to Vehicles 50 inches or less in width

• Trails Open to Motorcycles Only.
Therefore, like other motorized transportation, E-bikes can be used on numerous roads and trails open to motor vehicles. Free Motor Vehicle Use Maps are available. These maps indicate which roads and trails are open and to what type of vehicle.

E-bikes are not allowed on trails designated for non-motorized use. Non-motorized trails include trails like hiker, horse, or mountain bike trails. E-bikes, like other motorized transportation, also are not allowed to travel cross-country off trail. There are no exceptions.

E-bikes are not considered an assistive device meeting the legal definition of a wheelchair or mobility device giving them an exception to the Forest Service’s Travel Management Rule. The Department of Justice, under their Rule on Other Power Driven Mobility Devices in September, 2010 affirmed that the use of any Other Power Driven Mobility Device is limited to where the use of that device (i.e. an E-bike) is designated for use by all."

Last edited:

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
I cancelled my order when I discovered that all ebikes are banned on all non-motorized trails on NF where I do most of my hunting. And a buddy told me that he was told by NF that they were banned the same on a different NF area that he was hunting as well. So while they would have been pretty cool to have, I have no use for one outside of non-motorized trail use.

"E-bikes:

Under the Forest Service’s national Travel Management Rule (2005) (2008) and (2015) new regulation (2022) E-bikes are classified as self-propelled motor vehicles. Under this classification, E-bikes are allowed where the Travel Management Rule designation is:

Therefore, like other motorized transportation, E-bikes can be used on numerous roads and trails open to motor vehicles. Free Motor Vehicle Use Maps are available. These maps indicate which roads and trails are open and to what type of vehicle.

E-bikes are not allowed on trails designated for non-motorized use. Non-motorized trails include trails like hiker, horse, or mountain bike trails. E-bikes, like other motorized transportation, also are not allowed to travel cross-country off trail. There are no exceptions.

E-bikes are not considered an assistive device meeting the legal definition of a wheelchair or mobility device giving them an exception to the Forest Service’s Travel Management Rule. The Department of Justice, under their Rule on Other Power Driven Mobility Devices in September, 2010 affirmed that the use of any Other Power Driven Mobility Device is limited to where the use of that device (i.e. an E-bike) is designated for use by all."
Not sure if applicable to your state, but in many states, E-bikes under a certain wattage/speeds are not considered E-bikes in the legal definitions. Lots of states don't consider <500W or <750W as an E-bike for those purposes. May want to double-check the travel management regulation links to see if anything qualifies.

Not sure if applicable to your state, but in many states, E-bikes under a certain wattage/speeds are not considered E-bikes in the legal definitions. Lots of states don't consider <500W or <750W as an E-bike for those purposes. May want to double-check the travel management regulation links to see if anything qualifies.
I think it is under a certain wattage they ARE considered ebikes. Like my state for example <750 is an ebike and >750 is a motorized vehicle. But under 750 is still an ebike and not allowed on NF

Last edited:

Fowl Play

WKR

"E-bikes:

I think you may have made a pre-mature decision, but we will see. The National Forest announcement is interim to give clear guidance to their rangers while opening additional trails is evaluated. My $1 bet is they will open many trails to ebike usage, pending “environmental analysis”. But I am very pro e-bike and expanding usage of our public lands. I use my e-bikes a ton even on motorized trails: it’s fun, good exercise, and they are completely silent and emit no scent like conventional motor vehicles. You will have way more animal encounters on an e-bike than you ever would on a quad or SxS.

Last edited:

Billinsd

WKR
A friend ordered his Friday and it was delivered today, he ordered it around noontime
I ordered last Friday and my Pioneer is scheduled to arrive this Friday. I plan to run my dogs around the neighborhood with it and have some grins. : ) Also, I might take it on hunts to park, then hunt back to the truck and drive the truck to get the bike. I had thought about buying a small trail dirt bike to do this. This is my first E-bike, and I’m retiring in 2 years and I’ll see what I think about E bikes and how useful they will be to me. The Pioneer is a simple and hopefully reliable, rigid bike with one gear. I’ve been looking and thinking about E bikes for years and this will scratch that itch. I most definitely won’t run this rig anywhere, my mastery of the English language forbids it!! However, I certainly will ride this bike around to my heart’s content. Cheers! Bill

Last edited:

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
Dang!! Missed another one! First I missed out on the cheap tillers, now this. Totaled my 4 wheeler last month and had been think about trying an e bike. This would have worked out great.

ORHunter

WKR
I ordered an Ibex Friday morning and a Pioneer on Monday morning. I just received shipping notification for the Pioneer. I notice the Ibex isn't on their website any longer. Hopefully mine ships before they run out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk