Quick ear plugs

7mm-08

WKR
I'm probably the only guy who wears these - hearing aids are a REAL pain.

Heavy as hell but beats dropping the hearing aids into a rock pile during extraction.

WBT

FNG
I buy a big box of disposable ear plugs and stash the pouches everywhere. I have them in my binocular harness, backpack, gear bag, shooting bag, glove compartment, etc. That way they're available for myself and anyone else I'm with when I'm shooting or operating equipment at the ranch.

trepuah

FNG
I am going to second those saying they have never used anything while hunting, but I will admit that it is probably something I need to look into. If I have to chose between an inconvenience while hunting or a permanent inconvenience as I age, I am absolutely going to make the decision to deal with them while I hunt.

TaperPin

WKR
Whatever ear plugs you go with, keep in mind when a buck jumps up and is headed over a ridge, there isn’t much time to be ready for him to stop and look back, if he stops. I have some around the neck connected with hard plastic, but it’s nearly impossible to put one ear in, then the next - it’s designed to be grabbed with two hands - if I only had a third hand to hold the rifle I’d be good.

Then there are the ear plugs on a string - two dangly bits hanging down on my chest aren’t an option and shortening the leash has it’s limit or you can be too short to reach both ears if a collar is in the way, or they are hard to find by feel.

Two squishy plugs can be put in any small loop of clothing or binocular strap that’s easy to get to - they are always there and never fall out, albeit slower to put in the ears.

For years working around equipment I kept one earplug in the left ear constantly - no matter how loud things would get at least that ear was protected. Now it drives me nuts, but I’m thankful for doing that in my younger years.

Electronic ear buds will probably take over the high end ear plug market and we’ll all have a pair.

I just picked these up and they seem to be painful in my ear. They're almost too narrow for my head and the ear plug itself is almost too soft. I feel the inner plastic that the plug slides over pushing in my ear. I've never tried the quiet bands linked above, but just looking at the pictures, they seem like they'd have a more comfortable ear plug shape and material (foam-ish material?).

Sled

WKR
I just picked these up and they seem to be painful in my ear. They're almost too narrow for my head and the ear plug itself is almost too soft. I feel the inner plastic that the plug slides over pushing in my ear. I've never tried the quiet bands linked above, but just looking at the pictures, they seem like they'd have a more comfortable ear plug shape and material (foam-ish material?).

You bought inside the ear pro. Look earlier in the thread for examples of outer ear protection. They are more convenient and much more comfortable

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
3m Tri Flange has been my goto, started wearing them working in a plant and now they're used everywhere I don't use muffs or electronic in ear protection.

Don't notice them hanging around my neck, comfortable in ear, and easy to clean off if needed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk