question for those who have used Leica customer service

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a used set of Ultravid HD 10x42s. They are in good shape for an 11yr old bino. I was thinking about sending them in for general cleaning, possible lens polish/recoating, and focus adjustment service. For those who have used Leica CS how was it? If out of warranty were the services done affordably? I am hoping to get them to like new condition optically.

Scottf270

WKR
I lost a piece off of a Leica rangefinder. Sent it in with a request to look it over and replace missing piece, then send me an invoice. They sent me a new unit. No charge. My unit was a bit older so they may have had excess stock, but they get a thumbs up from me.

handwerk

WKR
I have used them a couple times in the last year for preowned bino's I had bought, they were great to deal with, one set had been damaged and what they charged me seemed fair.
They are much improved over the Leica CS of yesteryear.

I have a newer set of UVHD+ and the center hinge plastic started getting some cracks. Apparently this is somewhat common and they upgraded the materials since according to a birdforum thread. I sent an email to test the waters and they immediately responded with a ticket number and basically said “send em in, we’ll get it fixed”. Probably gonna keep running it for this year but good to know their warranty dept is responsive.

Now that you mention it I’ve had a set of 8x32 ultravid hds I’ve taken on dozens of hunts and 2 tours in Afghanistan since 2012 and have never thought about sending them in for service. The lens caps disintegrated 8 years ago but otherwise they still look and function as new.