Question for Elk grilling experts

sneaky

"DADDY"
Was wondering if you long time Elk Chefs could offer me some insight to this question. I've been grilling several pieces of Backstrap lately and they have tasted awesome. My question, what advice can you offer in pre-tenderizing this specific cut of meat? I'm not looking for crockpot advice, as I am not a fan of boiling meat. I'm guessing some type of marinade, but what type and more importantly, how long? I know I'll get some nice feedback on this one. Is beating the meat like Veal, an option? :) :)
Backstraps by nature are one of the most tender cuts. What are you doing to make them tough? Not overcooking wild game is step one, sous vide as already mentioned will help. You can jacquard the cuts individually. Watch your cook temps, etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is quite healthy...not...save your bacon grease. Marinate in soy & your favorite other spices liquid...then lightly coat with bacon grease. season to taste, Cook to rare, enjoy.

I normally vacuum seal a 8-10” piece of backstrap and let it wet age in my refrigerator 3-5 days. When ready to cook let it sit out 2-3 hours to get to room temp. Season and cook over red oak bbq pit.
Here is another favorite I usually make a few times a year.
Cut a pocket into a piece of backstrap and season inside the pocket as well as the rest of the backstrap. Stuff it with a mixture of cream cheese, sautéed onions, jalapeños and mushrooms. Wrap in bacon and grill until bacon is cooked. It’s a great appetizer!
C22AA6EB-8A7A-4B5A-8967-920B9B026706.jpeg