Quality work / hiking boot

treeratslayer24

Lil-Rokslider
Afternoon all. I’m in the market for a new pair of boots, not specificiay for hunting, but I figured if anyone knew quality boots, it’s you all. I run a lawn care company so I’m on my feet all day, in damp grass, and riding stand up mowers so I take a lot of shock impact to my legs.

A lot of guys in the industry wear Keen, Timberland, and so forth. Well I hate Keen, they fit me like crap. And I don’t want to be one of those guys who buys crap boots and then when I’m 50 complains how bad my knees and feet hurt and how I should’ve worn better boots.

So, I wondered if any of you could speak to this subject. My budget is around $300. Steel toe would be nice but not necessary, breathability is a plus as it’s mostly hot weather work, and longevity is key. I currently own a pair of Scarpa mountain boots that I got for hunting and am impressed with them, so maybe a pair of their hiking boots would be a good option?

Thanks all

JStol5

WKR
I was at REI and the footwear guy recommended some Asolos to a guy as a hybrid work/hike boot. He said they’re popular with linemen.

I have some Scarpa Zodiac Plus, they’re extremely breathable but not as strong/durable as you’d probably want.

OP
treeratslayer24

treeratslayer24

Lil-Rokslider
I was at REI and the footwear guy recommended some Asolos to a guy as a hybrid work/hike boot. He said they’re popular with linemen.

I have some Scarpa Zodiac Plus, they’re extremely breathable but not as strong/durable as you’d probably want.

Thanks! I’d think linemen are pretty hard on boots so must be a solid option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
I've put my current Crispi crossovers through 2 archery seasons,a bunch of training hikes,some wilderness trips and now wear them to work occasionally (carpenter) and they still have plenty of miles to give.