Q&A for Minox ZP5 5-25x56mm THLR scope

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I was going to wait until after my nilgai hunt to mount it, BUT. F that. I'm gonna mount it as soon as the rings show up.

The gun will still be only be 10.77 LBS in the XLR chassis.

I hate to be a vag but the 300 prc shooting 225 eld-m at 2834 fps kicks 35 ft.lbs and its noticable. A heavier scope isnt going to hurt me on that gun. The can does help tame it some.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I was going to wait until after my nilgai hunt to mount it, BUT. F that. I'm gonna mount it as soon as the rings show up.

The gun will still be only be 10.77 LBS in the XLR chassis.

I hate to be a vag but the 300 prc shooting 225 eld-m at 2834 fps kicks 35 ft.lbs and its noticable. A heavier scope isnt going to hurt me on that gun. The can does help tame it some.
Pictures when mounted please.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Still drooling over this scope. Had to buy a suppressor first, now my sights are set on saving for this.

I sure wish he could get other scope manufacturers on board with offering the thlr reticle as an option. (Like swfa)

Last edited:

ZAR EC

FNG
Since the original review didn't have scaled weight.

It's a big scope.

View attachment 660284
She's a lightweight! Well, at least in the company of the fatties...I'm looking at you ATACR and ZCO

It's a long scope for sure but I was pleasantly surprised at the true weight of mine. My swfa 3-9 is now considered uber light.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I did have to pull off the night vision mount. If I ever actually buy a night vision, I will have to get a cantilever mount. It did resolve the problem / not problem of the mag knob of the Nightforce touching the bolt handle at full mag. Overall I like looking through the scope. Shout out to @Unknown Munitions for getting rings that were ordered Saturday delivered today. Impressively fast shipping.

20240123_160023.jpg

20240123_160032.jpg

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Sighted in yesterday.
First shot way right. Adjusted left a bunch.
Second shot a little right. Adjusted left a touch and down a touch.
2 sighters in the bullseye.
I dont need to shoot 10 rounds with this gun I know what the gun and ammo does.
Will take it out this week if it dry enough to 600.
Scope adjusted without fuss and very true to measurements.

Form commented how easy this scope was to get behind and how nice optically it was. I have found those statements to be true.

Is currently mounted on my 300 prc and will be going on a nilgai hunt end of Feb.

20240127_103345.jpg

Last edited: