Q&A for Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12x42mm Field Eval

eric1115

WKR
Well, I guess that answers that. Good to know, but I almost wish it hadn't done okay-ish on the drop test. Got my hopes up a little.

Hope all's well after the accident!

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Well, I guess that answers that. Good to know, but I almost wish it hadn't done okay-ish on the drop test. Got my hopes up a little.

Hope all's well after the accident!

It’s interesting to note that the three scopes that “passed” the drop eval, all stayed zeroed afer the wreck. The one scope that didn’t pass the drop eval lost zero. Coincidence?

ThatDUDE

WKR
It’s interesting to note that the three scopes that “passed” the drop eval, all stayed zeroed afer the wreck. The one scope that didn’t pass the drop eval lost zero. Coincidence?
Just because I can't remember off the top of my head...the 3 are Trijicon, Minox, and ?

BigStick

Lil-Rokslider
I rather like said glass,upon a variety of wares,though I've only shot a coupla dozen of them.

Mechanically,they've been exceptional and are easy to love.

Though I own less than two dozen personally................

Well I have to post an update on my scope
After a couple of years and many thousands of miles and shots I was changing loads an thought I would re verify this scope and do another tall target test IMG_3639.jpeg
Ignore the fluff from other guns
Center line zero check and 5 mils dialled with the 22/250 Tikka

JGRaider

WKR
Have had mine for a couple of years now as well, and still works like a champ too. Prepare for the "it still failed" onslaught.

Macintosh

WKR
I have an athlon gen-1 Cronus scope that Ive used since 2018 or 2019(dont recall exactly), and a lot of the folks I see at local matches have their low to mid range prs scopes. I think they are good scopes, the cronus is made at LOW although some others are chinese made. I treat mine pretty nice, but my cronus has never shifted zero on me and tracks, and I track my zero pretty meticulously now, I personally think it’s a sleeper model. I dont have personal experience with other models though, although from what I see at matches it looks like they at least track well. I have no doubt that some will lose zero over time if you zero and check it in a way that allows seeing a shift of a couple tenths/mil, but for a range gun I would not hesitate to buy another, and mine has not shifted.

Last edited:
Well I have to post an update on my scope
After a couple of years and many thousands of miles and shots I was changing loads an thought I would re verify this scope and do another tall target test View attachment 715347
Ignore the fluff from other guns
Center line zero check and 5 mils dialled with the 22/250 Tikka
Do you know the 10+ shot cone of that load and rifle? It looks like it’s zeroed still but with all shots landing right of center it’s hard to tell with only 3