Private Pilots in NC

BLJ

WKR

Usually don’t post things like this but this is kind of infuriating to me.
As if the people down there don’t have enough to deal with.

I thought the interview was particularly interesting.

Last edited:

FLS

WKR
Mr mustache wanted everyone to know he was large and in charge. It’s his time to shine. Watch closely, he actually pokes his head out while his girlfriend is defending him, then quickly scuttles back under his rock. 99% of the first responders are doing a fantastic job, but there is usually one idiot more concerned with “protocol” than actually getting the job done. We had a similar situation in our county. New county manager came from a small county south of us. Brought his fire chief buddy with him. We have a hurricane and the wheels come off until some of the experiences assistant chiefs stepped in and took charge of the situation. Unfortunately politics and nepotism play a big role in smaller municipalities.

Last edited:
"just doing my job, bro"... same thing they said when they loaded people up on the rail cars & terrorized 4 year olds for not wearing a mask.

I've tried to not come on here & post much about the bull shit going on with the federal & state efforts (or lack thereof) in these areas because it's beyond infuriating and it's not hunting related.
I've been helping with debris removal, getting supplies to those in need, etc. I'm sure y'all have seen many accounts on social media as well of the FEMA shit show. People are in desperate need of everything and the common theme that most of them believe is that our government does not give 2 shits about them. Almost all of the rescue/ relief has been done by private citizens & churches on their own initiative and at their own cost.

The folks with those R44 helos have been life savers, literally. Greg Biffle (ex Nascar driver) has been there since the beginning & you can see some of the things he's done on his social media.

Please continue to pray for everyone in the affected area and if you can and feel lead to do so please contribute to the organizations that are there on the ground making the most impact. (Samaritan's Purse is an excellent choice). Thank you

Yoder

WKR
I was reading about this on one of the major news networks. Did you know they are actually saying some of this is misinformation? That some of the images are generated by AI and the damage isn't as bad as what people are saying. WTF? Our media is nothing but propaganda. Did you see Blinken posted yesterday about sending 157 million to Lebanon for humanitarian aid? At this point, I truly believe our government hates us.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Are you saying that the video I posted is misinformation and AI generated?
And who is “they” just looking for clarification. Thanks.

Yoder

WKR
Are you saying that the video I posted is misinformation and AI generated?
And who is “they” just looking for clarification. Thanks.
No, absolutely not. I'm saying that the media is trying to squash these stories. It makes the current administration look bad. I am so angry and disgusted with the media and our entire government. All I hear is complaints about FEMA, Biden and Kamala. What about all the republicans? Where are they? They should be screaming on the floor of the Capital building demanding these people get help immediately. This is on par with Katrina and nobody cares. Thank God for all the American heroes that showed up to help these people. They are amazing. The entire system makes me sick.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
I thought that’s the direction you were coming from. Thanks for the reply.

Yoder

WKR
I can't find the article. I just did a search for misinformation and there were some legitimate complaints where people were making things up to get a reaction. So, I guess it's not all wrong, but I still hate them.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I'm not sure where these reports/pictures are coming from, but I did see one with a little girl holding a puppy which was later reported as being AI generated to look for sympathy. As far as I know all the reports are of still pictures only not video. I have seen the video and read several reports about the father and son being threatened with arrest if they continued. That one is real. Remember, trust nobody, and there are a lot of fools out there.

Teodoro

FNG
As someone from North Carolina (but not in Helene's path) they're definitely people posting absolute bullcrap just to build a reaction.

For example, in this true story, the problem is actually a local official and all the folks have names. A lot of the fake crap is anonymous reports of bad actions by "federal officials" pretty clearly designed to gin up strife.